I'd like to hire an attorney, but I have no clue how to go about it?
I have several questions.
1. What is the phrase that’s used to refer to an “attorney you’ve hired and pay regularly in case something happens?”
2. Can one attorney act in several roles; ie general legal matters, small claims if needed, estate handling?
3. How do I find a reputable attorney in my current state of residence?
4. My family has an attorney, but he’s old and in my home state, and I don’t think he’ll be any help to me. Is that so? I am detached from my family, so it’s not like it would matter anyway.
5. What are the fees, typically?
6. Would he be available at any time for me to call him up and ask him a question?
7. What’s the best way to go about finding a reputable attorney? ‘Phone book attorneys are no good’, my dad told me once. Asked it already >.<
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.