What's it like to live in a foster home?
I’m writing for a comedy called “Discarded” and I would like to know everything I need to know about the foster care experience. The foster children are teens (14–17).
1. Describe your experience when you first entered the home.
2. How were your relationships with the other foster kids?
3. What were your struggles?
4. How did you get into the home?
5. In this situation, how would you get appointed to a foster home: Your parents get arrested for life. You go to court for their trial. (This is a brief description of what happens in the first episode. I had the kid appointed to a home while at court for the parents’ trial)
6. Tell me about some funny moments.
7. How did you get an education? If it was home schooling… What’s that like?
8. Tell me anything else about your experience.
Please only answer this if you are/were in foster care.
Take your time on answering these questions.
Thanks in advance. :)
*And no, just because it’s a comedy, doesn’t mean I’m making fun of foster care. It “brings light” to the situation. Someone accused me of being insensitive about this. I need to be accurate so foster kids don’t get pissed while they watch this, so the struggles and such must be included in the series.