erichw1504's avatar

I spend way too much money on...?

Asked by erichw1504 (26352 points ) May 16th, 2011

What do you spend way too much money on? Could be a product or a service. How often do you purchase it? How much money is wasted each week or month? For how long have you been paying for it?

Blackberry's avatar

Alcohol and eating out at restaurants.

Stinley's avatar

Mortgage :-(

BBSDTfamily's avatar

Eating out instead of cooking… we spend about $700—$800 a month on this (just me and my spouse), I’m embarrassed to say. I plan on changing that though!

Replacing broken golf clubs. Lost count how many i’ve snapped across my knee.
Still, it’s a hobby!

Cruiser's avatar

Cable TV.

jrpowell's avatar

Computer crap. I spend a few hundred a month on new parts. This month was a bit of a oddity since I bought three 22 inch monitors so they would match and a video card that would power them. Luckily I am out of SATA ports and RAM slots. I will go back to spending money on the important things like booze and strip clubs now.

edit :: And the only computer game I play is Plants Vs Zombies. 95% of my time is in TextMate, Transmit, and Firefox.

Have to say eating out, and, all the ‘specialty’ items I buy for my pets. Like baby spring greens and organic dandelion greens and 12,000 grain bread for my geese, and…cat toys, treats, condos….I’ll be living in my barn in another 5 years. lolol

john65pennington's avatar

Red, red wine.

Thanks heaps, now I have that UB40 song in my mind…lol

OpryLeigh's avatar

Lunch. I know it would be far cheaper to take my own lunch to work every day rather than buy it in the cafe but I am lazy.

stardust's avatar

Food and wine.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Purses. I am addicted to purse shopping.

Purse slut and skirt slut, whatta team we’d make!
Oh yeah, forgot to mention my gypsy skirt, boutique ‘habit.’

Seaofclouds's avatar

Books and wine (when not pregnant). I wouldn’t call either a waste of money though, just something we spend a lot of money on. For books, it’s hard to say for sure how much I spend in any given month because it depends on when new books in the series I’m reading come out and when I find a new series to start reading. I’d say on average though, I easily spend close to $100 every month or two on books.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

@Coloma WOOHOO! We should go shopping together!

mazingerz88's avatar

Collecting movie model statues.

syz's avatar

wundayatta's avatar

I spend too little on entertainment: movies, theater, opera, music, dance, etc. But everything else I spend just about the right amount on. If I thought I spent too much, I would cut back. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to spend more on entertainment.

Neizvestnaya's avatar

Past- cell phone plans. Tmobile used to screw me every which way, even charged me to pay my bills until I dumped them and got a pay as you go phone for $30. a month and never a dime more. Hurrah!

Present- delivered food. Most of my work days are a minimum of 10hrs and often 15–17hrs so eat one meal a day away from home and sometimes two. The food I choose isn’t expensive but every few bucks adds up by the end of the month. I wish I had a mini frig and microwave at work that I could put locks on.

erichw1504's avatar

Hookers & coke.

blueiiznh's avatar

Groceries. Holy Shit, why are groceries so friggin expensive the past couple years.

No sh-t!

erichw1504's avatar

Gas. $40 to fill my tank? Redonk!

dxs's avatar

Shoes. @erichw1504 $72 here in Boston to fill my “Premium”-gas-requiring Lexus…

incendiary_dan's avatar

Living. I should be doing it for free.

nailpolishfanatic's avatar

1. CLOTHES. Actually these past months I haven’t spent as much because I am saving up for when I visit the US. I will go crazy there since there are more qualities of things and stuff.
2. Shoes… Tomorrow I am going to buy shoes for a concert ;)
3. junk food.

beckk's avatar

Vending machines at school. When I buy it, it only seems like a dollar or two, but that quickly adds up. I probably spend about $10 a week. That’s $40 a month. I’ve been wasting money for a good year or two now.

nailpolishfanatic's avatar

@beckk thanks for reminding me.

I also spend too much money on donuts at school I eat around 2 caramel donuts per day for 5 days…

KateTheGreat's avatar

Guns and alcohol.

Great mix, eh?

DVDs. I probably spend $200 a month on them, and I realize that in a few years you will be able to watch any movie you want instantly online for far less.

KateTheGreat's avatar

@filmfann Is that why your name is filmfann?

aprilsimnel's avatar

Eating out. :(

markylit's avatar

Gadgets. I love gadgets.