What should I do about this wisdom teeth issue?
I’m scheduled to get my wisdom teeth cut out (all four are impacted) on Thursday, but I just recently found out some bad things about the oral surgeon I’m set up to go to. Apparently, no one I know has been to him without some horror story.
The problems are that 1) he’s the ONLY oral surgeon my dentist knew of that took payment plans, and I just can’t afford $1800 out of pocket and 2) I needed to get it done before classes start next Thursday so I don’t miss school, and I don’t know how long I’ll be unable to work or go to school because of this surgery.
I knew I had a bad feeling about this surgery, and I can’t risk getting an infection and ending up having to pay a hospital bill or miss even more school. Would it be really bad to wait until my next school break in November to get it done? I don’t want to get a cyst or abscess or have my teeth be messed up by the teeth. I don’t know how long they’ve been impacted.
What should I do?
ETA: CareCredit isn’t an option for me. I wasn’t approved because of no credit history and I have no one to co-sign with me.
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.