Social Question

What would you change to make yourself a more suitable fictional character?

Asked by 6rant6 (13629 points ) December 6th, 2011

I was idly contemplating writing a performance piece for me and someone else. I thought I would replicate our actual relationship, except make it more… well… better.

I asked myself why I would need a change from what’s really there. The obvious answer was, “more conflict needed!”

So what, I pondered, would make this plausible. I concluded that I would write myself as someone who was much more certain about things-that-really-matter.

Anyway, it got me to wondering how other people view themselves, and what changes they feel they’d need to make in order to become pulp celebrities.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

19 Answers

I’ve already used myself as both the protagonist and the antagonist in some of my stories, with minimal changes :-p

I would definitely have to be more exciting. It also helps to have at least one person be a taco short of a combo plate.

Jeez, everything. I’m really boring.

I would certainly need to be more adventurous and spontaneous. I am an over-thinking, micromanaging, pensive person. A person who never takes risks and spends weeks deciding whether or not to buy a pair of shoes certainly does not make for an interesting character.
In fact, this answer is pretty boring in itself…I’m hopeless. :P

I would grow green hair and curly toes. You said fictional.

Shit, I’m already a character, my real life is wacky enough as it is.

The truth IS stranger than fiction. lol

@Coloma is a legend in her own mind….

@Tropical_Willie Haha…well, not a legend, but definitely alternative living with a zany twist. lol

Read up on my thousands of questions and posts here; I’m already a fictional character. It’s real life I have a problem with.

I have sort of a nasal midwest accent. It’s the only thing that prevents me from being a perfect fictional action hero.

Hmm. My wife just said being an annoying nerd is also a short-coming.

Thinner and younger. Other than that, I’m the perfect Elizabeth Bennett. (Oh – and I might need “fine eyes”.)

@cockswain Clark? Clark Kent?

I’d send me on wacky adventures. Otherwise, maybe change a few of the personal details so it isn’t obvious it’s me. >.>

@zensky Shoot, that’s already been done. Damn.

Peter? Peter Parker?

I’d need some cooler clothes. Capes and low-cut tight bodices, and I’d need to be able to stay up later at night.

Capes are over-rated. Think Wonder Woman/Catwoman hot.

If I lived well outside the law.

Maybe be the guy who repeats the last word at the end of every sentence sentence. I don’t know know. Something just a bit off balance maybe maybe. Maybe not not…

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther