6rant6's avatar

What would you change to make yourself a more suitable fictional character?

Asked by 6rant6 (13629 points ) December 6th, 2011

I was idly contemplating writing a performance piece for me and someone else. I thought I would replicate our actual relationship, except make it more… well… better.

I asked myself why I would need a change from what’s really there. The obvious answer was, “more conflict needed!”

So what, I pondered, would make this plausible. I concluded that I would write myself as someone who was much more certain about things-that-really-matter.

Anyway, it got me to wondering how other people view themselves, and what changes they feel they’d need to make in order to become pulp celebrities.

HungryGuy's avatar

I’ve already used myself as both the protagonist and the antagonist in some of my stories, with minimal changes :-p

Skaggfacemutt's avatar

I would definitely have to be more exciting. It also helps to have at least one person be a taco short of a combo plate.

ANef_is_Enuf's avatar

Jeez, everything. I’m really boring.

Fly's avatar

I would certainly need to be more adventurous and spontaneous. I am an over-thinking, micromanaging, pensive person. A person who never takes risks and spends weeks deciding whether or not to buy a pair of shoes certainly does not make for an interesting character.
In fact, this answer is pretty boring in itself…I’m hopeless. :P

I would grow green hair and curly toes. You said fictional.

Shit, I’m already a character, my real life is wacky enough as it is.

The truth IS stranger than fiction. lol

@Coloma is a legend in her own mind….

@Tropical_Willie Haha…well, not a legend, but definitely alternative living with a zany twist. lol

zensky's avatar

Read up on my thousands of questions and posts here; I’m already a fictional character. It’s real life I have a problem with.

cockswain's avatar

I have sort of a nasal midwest accent. It’s the only thing that prevents me from being a perfect fictional action hero.

Hmm. My wife just said being an annoying nerd is also a short-coming.

Thinner and younger. Other than that, I’m the perfect Elizabeth Bennett. (Oh – and I might need “fine eyes”.)

zensky's avatar

@cockswain Clark? Clark Kent?

Haleth's avatar

I’d send me on wacky adventures. Otherwise, maybe change a few of the personal details so it isn’t obvious it’s me. >.>

cockswain's avatar

@zensky Shoot, that’s already been done. Damn.

zensky's avatar

Peter? Peter Parker?

wilma's avatar

I’d need some cooler clothes. Capes and low-cut tight bodices, and I’d need to be able to stay up later at night.

zensky's avatar

Capes are over-rated. Think Wonder Woman/Catwoman hot.

everephebe's avatar

If I lived well outside the law.

judochop's avatar

Maybe be the guy who repeats the last word at the end of every sentence sentence. I don’t know know. Something just a bit off balance maybe maybe. Maybe not not…