Mold into compost?
This morning I found an abundantly moulded orange… and the question came: “Into compost, or not into compost”?
I’ve actually cast mouldy elements into my compost, already, but lets say just some small mouldy scraps or old bread I can’t use for the ducks.
What effects, if any worthy of notice, would such a small amount of mould spores have on the proportionally immense amount of other “sane” portions of my fertiliser?
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.