In the event that the govrnment shuts the internet down, what steps can we take to stay connected?
I mean to say, most people wouldn’t have a clue what to do when they start Internet Exploder, and find “page not found” again and again.
But those of us who are a little more technically savvy than the average sheep, what are our options?
- Keep a paper list of actual IP addresses of our favorite sites?
- Point your browser to a foreign DNS server?
- Use an anonymizer service such as Tor?
- Use HTTPS Everywhere to block the government from knowing what sites you’re accessing through Tor?
- Subscribe to a paid VPN service overseas?