Can someone tell me how a food bank works?
Just curious. Specific questions I have are as follows:
1. What type of personnel and equipment do you need to set up a food bank?
2. Does a food bank need to be licensed under state law? (I live in the US. I don’t need an exact citation; just a general rule would suffice)
3. Are food banks typically religious?
4. Are there any differences between religious and non-religious food banks? Are there additional challenges for either of them?
5. How do food banks get food?
6. How do food banks verify that the people who get food are actually the needy?
7. What are some typical meals that a food bank might serve?