What should I do in this semi- emergency situation?
I just bought my mom a 1972 Superbeetle. She has no clue that any of this has been going on. The plan is to give it to her today. I bought the car on the 24th and a few days later it was discovered that the car has a REALLY bad oil leak. Now, I bought this classic car for a fair price, expecting to spend a bit more on repairs, but I was not anticipating such an extreme problem. California state law says that the title needs to be signed over within 10 days of the sale. So here is my question; should I present it to her today (her only day off in over a month) so we can get her on the title asap, and be like “oh by the way, It’s broken, but I’m going fo fix it” OR should I just sign the title into my own name and wait until I have it fixed to give it to her? Why?
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.