jca's avatar

Do you enjoy going to amusement parks, and if so, when is the last time that you went to one, and did you ride a lot of rides?

Asked by jca (27955 points ) July 11th, 2012

Do you like to go to amusement parks? If so, when is the last time that you went to one? Did you ride a lot of rides or do you mostly just enjoy walking around and/or watching friends and family enjoy themselves?

skateangel's avatar

Ahh I have very happy memories of having alot of fun with my family at Disneyland. The rides were fun but really just walking around the hotel rooms there are amazing:) I especially remember walking around at night and shopping with my mom downtown with the lights shining and the music playing and it was the best time:) It was like being taken away to a different world for a while where no problems existed and everything was calm and happy. That was about five years ago and unfortunately things are alot less happier now and lost a member of my family:/ But those special memories always are with me and and make me happy/sad.

I took my family to Disneyland last year, but didn’t go on many rides due to an injured back. I did go on a few, though.

mangeons's avatar

I like them well enough, but I’m not much fun at them. I don’t like any rides with big drops (or even relatively small ones) so that rules out most of the rides there. I like fast rides, as long as there are no drops. We went to Universal Studios last year and I rode a good amount of rides, but it’s only fun for so long when there’s a limited amount of rides that I’m willing to go on. I really enjoy the atmosphere, though, and I like being there. I wish I wasn’t scared of rollercoasters, as I’m sure I’d find amusement parks much more fun if I liked them.

It’s not even one of those fears that if I ride a rollercoaster, I won’t be scared anymore and I’ll like them. I’ve ridden several rides like that to try to get over my fear and it only scares me more!

I can’t remember. I think it was Disney in Anaheim in the 70s. Oh, wait, I walked through Universal in Orlando to see Blue Man Group and I went to Animal Kingdom in Orlando to meet someone in the 2000s.

No, I don’t enjoy them. I don’t like the crowds.I don’t like the lines.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I like the really insane rides, where you can scare the hell out of yourself. Unfortunately, most people are a little less likely to want to go on one with me. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a park. I don’t know why.:)

Pandora's avatar

Last park was Bush Gardens. I love roller-coasters rides mostly. The rest are a bit lame. I do all the coasters and some of the shows.
Before that it was Disney. I tried to do everything but again, the roller coasters and the shows especially, are awesome. I always like the sky rides as well. Love the water parks as well if there is one nearby and we will have a few days in the area.

Blackberry's avatar

The last time was a couple of years ago. I did ride two rides which were insane. I just hate all of the waiting and that ruins the fun.

Leanne1986's avatar

I do enjoy them but I haven’t been to one years!

I like them. Last time was 2.5 years ago I think. Disney with my husband and parents. I have been there many times, but my parents had not been in 30 years, so I wanted to show them the new rides. Plus, there was a great deal for military, 5 days for $150 I think it was (possibly less, my memory fails) we were only there 3 days, but still a great deal, so we seized the moment.

I do go on a lot of the rides, but not all. I don’t like to go upside down or in rides that have a lot of g-force changes. Soarin’ is my favorite ride at Disney now. I was thinking the other day with this vertigo I have from my accident, I probably need to be very careful on rides that knock a person around a lot or has extreme ups, downs, and around. Sucks to have to be careful.

mangeons's avatar

@Pandora Busch Gardens is one amusement park that I actually really love! They have some great rides that aren’t crazy scary, and I love all the different countries that you can visit. You can get some great food there! I’ve also seen some really cool acrobatics shows there. I went in October a couple years ago… scariest thing ever, oh my god.

As far as Busch Gardens I like the one in VA better than Tampa. I haven’t been to the one in VA in many many years though, so maybe I feel that way because I was younger when I went there?

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I loved the VA Busch Gardens. The shows were spectacular too.

Bluefreedom's avatar

I’ve always been a big fan of amusement parks and my most recent visit to one was Disneyland in May of this year. The Matterhorn was closed for servicing, unfortunately, but I tried to hit everything else that was big like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted House, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a few others.

I’ve always been a big fan of roller coasters and for that fix, I head up to Six Flags Magic Mountain. The last time I was there was several years ago and I made the mistake of going to the park when school was out for summer. I ended up getting on about 4 roller coasters in an 8 hour period and that was seriously disappointing. The ride queues were ridiculously long.

One place I’ve never been, although it seems like everyone else I know has been there and has wonderful things to say about it, is Disneyworld. I definitely have to get down there and see what all the excitement is about. =)

Judi's avatar

I am the roller coaster queen. My grand kids are all under six so I haven’t been to Magic Mountain or any other extreme roller coaster park in a few years, but I have an annual pass to Disneyland and go several times a year. I can’t wait for the grand kids to get old enough to appreciate thrill rides.

mangeons's avatar

@JLeslie The Virginia one is the only one that I’ve been to. I’ve been a lot of times (pretty recently), and I love it there!
@Adirondackwannabe I agree about the shows. There was one that we saw a couple years in a row called Kinetix, and it’s one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen!

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@mangeons The colors were so intense and defined and the stages were amazing.

jca's avatar

One ride that I have never been on (in a park I have not been in yet) is Tower of Terror in MGM Florida. I am afraid of heights and I know it will KILL ME!

@jca I never did that one either. My husband, who will go upside down five times on a roller coaster ride, doesn’t want to do Tower of Terror and I have never bothered to go on by myself.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

What’s the Tower of Terror? I like heights. I was out on the deck of the 120 meter ski jump watching a competition last week. Those guys are nuts. That’s a scary ride.

bkcunningham's avatar

The Tower of Terror is actually at Disney’s Hollywood’s Studio.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/attractions/twilight-zone-tower-of-terror/

We have annual passes to all of the Disney parks here in Florida, Busch Gardens and Sea World. I ride rides all the time. We go at least once a month, even if it is just for a concert, golf and dinner. The last big deal ride I rode was just a couple of months ago. My rode Busch Garden’s Cheetah roller coaster. I bought him and myself a t-shirt. I was 50. It was insane and wonderful and I thought I was going to die.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/Attractions/Rides/Cheetah-Hunt

Judi's avatar

Tower of Terror is also at the Disneyland California Adventure. Very fun.

YARNLADY's avatar

I enjoy taking kids to amusement parks. We went to Disneyland in May and to a county fair last month. I don’t go on many rides, but I love watching everyone else have so much fun.

ShanEnri's avatar

Yes I love going to amusement parks! Went to Carowinds in Charlotte North Carolina in May but only got to ride 4 rides due to long lines and excessive heat!