JesusWasAJewbot's avatar

Where can I rent a car if I'm under 25 years old?

Asked by JesusWasAJewbot (1500 points ) July 16th, 2012

I’m going to Miami soon, I am 24 years old and want to rent a car. I noticed most places charge extra fees for being under 25. Are there any places that don’t do this?

trailsillustrated's avatar

anywhere, as long as you have a cash deposit. Try your car insurance company, see if they can recommend but when I used to do it, you had to pay a cash deposit.

JesusWasAJewbot's avatar

Thank you, I tried checking some sites online like Avis but most had that added fee. Is it easier to call or email the companies?

CWOTUS's avatar

Try Rent-a-Wreck (link is to the “Info” page; check out “Driver’s Age” there). They have 5 Miami locations listed.

Try Hertz they have an “under 25 clause” on the rentals. Here’s the PC# for the Hertz discount. Good through September 30th this year.

JesusWasAJewbot's avatar

Hertz would be perfect, I plan on going in September so that would work. Thank you! Still shopping around but haven’t seen many.