the_overthinker's avatar

NSFW - Were/ are you promiscuous?

Asked by the_overthinker (1222 points ) July 22nd, 2012

During your single days, did you sleep around when you partied? Did you have your own rules that you followed regarding this? (State if you are male or female.)

Was it okay to kiss random people when you partied?

If you were trying to sleep around and get laid all the time, were you able to get some?

syz's avatar

Female, and no. I’m a serial monogamist.

Crashsequence2012's avatar

Male.

Yes.

Why do you think I started giving blood?

I consider myself very fortunate, though I’m young and liberated enough to understand that sex does not have to include to more high risk activities.

john_s1981's avatar

Male. No. Keeping it within the relationship is much more special.

Male, yes, as much as I could, but not enough.

Pied_Pfeffer's avatar

Female, and no. One time though, I was out with my mother when one of her friends asked me what I was doing at the time, job-wise. I responded, “I am paid by a large corporation to sleep around.” (I was a hotel inspector. It had nothing to do with sex.) Needless to say, it didn’t go over well.

Sunny2's avatar

Female. I don’t think of it that way. I never went off with anyone I met at a party . . . that night. I got to know them more than that. They had to be able to be considered potential mate material, at least. I turned down many, many more than I ever said yes to.

josie's avatar

Male. Certainly. But then I grew up.

SavoirFaire's avatar

Male. No. But then I grew up.

@john_s1981 If your answer is “no,” then you don’t have the requisite experience to say what is more special. You’d need both experiences in order to compare.

Female. No.

Male,

I tried.

augustlan's avatar

Female. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. I enjoyed every minute of it, too. Note: When I was in a committed relationship, I never cheated… not even a kiss.

athenasgriffin's avatar

Female.

No.

I keep trying to be liberated and such, because I’m in college and everyone around me is. And frankly, it seems like so much fun. (Except for when it isn’t. I’ve seen many a sobbing female over an ill-advised hookup. One in a banana costume.) But I can’t trust someone I barely know and I can’t do anything with someone I don’t trust.

LuckyGuy's avatar

Male
No. No. I could have, but didn’t

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Male. I made out a lot, but I didn’t want to make love til we knew each other more.

My late teens & early tewnties sex life can be likened to a round of golf, eighteen holes played out over a fortnight or so, mostly with wild abandon.

DigitalBlue's avatar

Female.
Probably. I have just never been very sexually inhibited, and monogamy is a concept that I struggle to understand (though I am capable of practicing.) My husband was/is my first monogamous relationship.

Facade's avatar

I like to have sex.
I don’t like the notion of promiscuity, so I wouldn’t called myself promiscuous.

Shippy's avatar

No I didn’t and I wish I had, would have been much more fun.

Jussange's avatar

Was? Yes

Am? Abstinent

wundayatta's avatar

I always wanted to have a lot of lovers, but I meant lovers, not just sex partners. I was not popular enough to have a lot of lovers, or maybe not lovable enough.

I once came close to being promiscuous, but it was virtual promiscuity, and for all people think virtual sex is the same as real sex, it isn’t. It is not even close. And virtual relationships are very different from real relationships. I would say I’ve been virtually promiscuous, but I don’t know what that means, other than I was desperate and trying to find any way I could to feel like I was worth enough to justify staying alive.

Obviously I’m still alive and I believe that the virtual affections I received played a not insignificant role in that.

Paradox25's avatar

Male, and no. I’m extremely conservative when it comes to sexual promiscuity and relationships, and I’ve always been, even as a teen. It’s not for religious reasons though, but personal ones.

Judi's avatar

I came of age in the 70’s (before aids). Not proud of it and the sex without love thing turned out to be highly over rated. Maybe it’s because I’m female that I’m nauseated by it all. Then again, maybe it’s because, when I look at it in retrospect, it would be considered child abuse in this day and age. They were usually much older.