Send to a Friend
Question about chemical reactions in chlorine?
I use 3” chlorine tablets in my pool. A few weeks ago the lid was left off the container overnight and some moisture got into the bucket. Since that time, it gives off noxious fumes whenever the bucket is opened. I realize the health hazards of the gas but my questions are:
A. Since there is an ongoing chemical reaction occurring in the bucket, is the efficacy of the tablets to perform their intended use reduced?
B. If so, will they continue to get weaker and weaker over time?
C. Anyone know a way to dry them out or is it unstoppable once the gas has started?