shaywarren1628's avatar

Can i get custody of my soon to be five year old sister if shes stays with her aunt her dads side i am 19 going on 20 my mother is i jail so she isnt able to get her the father gave her to aunt and they are going to court now no one on my mothers side of the family was informed about this. all of my siblings stay in ca as well as my self her dad and my mom is in a prison in ca but one again my five year old sister stays with her aunt whom stays in nevada. i think it would be best for my sister to come and s

Asked by shaywarren1628 (1 points ) November 6th, 2012

can i get custody of my soon to be five year old sister if shes stays with her aunt her dads side i am 19 going on 20 my mother is i jail so she isnt able to get her the father gave her to aunt and they are going to court now no one on my mothers side of the family was informed about this. all of my siblings stay in ca as well as my self her dad and my mom is in a prison in ca but one again my five year old sister stays with her aunt whom stays in nevada. i think it would be best for my sister to come and stay with my i have my own place a job i was once in foster care with her staying in the state of ca with me she will be able to see and spend time with me and other siblings but as well as her mother and father

kimchi's avatar

I am just saying, please do not write the details in the question box. I think you can get custody…. Aw, I’m sorry, honey, hope things get better.

Yes, if you can show you have a place for her to stay, and can support her. The court wants what is best for your sister, she needs a stable place to grow up and go to school.

The problem may be that she is in a different state, so the California court doesn’t have a way to reach into Nevada. But go to the local family law court and ask them on how to petition for custody. Tell them the full story, and let them know how you can care for your sister.

And I know you love your sister, but ask yourself, can I care for her? It’s a big job for a 20 year old.

welcome to Fluther and best of luck to you.