poisonedantidote's avatar

How much does the average heating bill for hell come to?

Asked by poisonedantidote (21539 points ) November 11th, 2012

So many religion questions today, I thought I would throw in a sensible one.

Assuming hell gets its power from one of the major suppliers, how much does the bill usually come to for the average month?

0€.
Any supplier that dared to demand payment from the biblical god, or even deny service, would swiftly end up in hell himself.

poisonedantidote's avatar

@ragingloli I always assumed Satan had to foot the bill.

This is an interesting thought alone, if Satan pays up, he does the right thing for once. Assuming however that he is evil about it and does not pay, then he gets cut off. The only thing more evil than Satan is the corporations after all.

@poisonedantidote
Satan, the first freedom fighter, is supposed to be an inmate in hell, not the administrator. The biblical “god” runs that torture camp.

poisonedantidote's avatar

@ragingloli So, power companies should be tax exempt then maybe?

I thought, maybe Satan used all his names, to dodge the bills. “oh Satan you say? no sorry, this is the Lucifer house hold” ... “oh you looking for Lucifer? this is the Pluto house hold”. You can just dodge bills forever.

I guess “do it for free of burn with the rest of them” works too though.

As for calling it a torture camp, that is not really a fair review. Sure its not 4 stars or anything, but torture camp? I can see you calling it a “hell hole” and that would maybe be reasonable.

FreshlyBaked's avatar

Satan recently installed solar panels to run his electric burners. He got a government grant to go green.

poisonedantidote's avatar

@FreshlyBaked Very sneaky of him, there is no way he could afford it without a grant.

I do doubt how effective that would be though, you would need a load of space to put so many panels.

FreshlyBaked's avatar

@poisonedantidote He’s got all the space he needs. I think his most recent work is somewhere around the Greek parliament. ;-)

livelaughlove21's avatar

Is assume the flames would keep it plenty warm and relatively light down there. Who needs electricity?

He’s got lots of free labor to mine the coal for eternity, but much of it is fired by geothermal energy, so his costs are minimal.

poisonedantidote's avatar

@zenvelo Lol, very clever, I like it.

Maybe there is something to that hollow earth theory after all

glacial's avatar

I think @livelaughlove21 is right. Satan is definitely a fossil fuels kind of guy.

Symbeline's avatar

Sometimes when he’s short, the Devil takes a loan from the Balrog.

Nowt, coz hell’s farts spew forth from a surgically attached, entry level blow torch up the arseholes of those poor, wretched fuckers unfortunate enough to reside there.

flutherother's avatar

Evil is in many ways like radioactivity and if you bring enough evil people together like a nuclear core they will generate enormous heat. Damned (literally) uncomfortable but unavoidable.

JenniferP's avatar

Nothing. Hell is just an English word for Sheol or Hades. It means the grave. Fire is symbolic of eternal destruction. Any god that would burn people forever is not one that I would want to worship.