Michaelziv's avatar

MY baby girl now is 16 months,what jewelry gift can i give her?

Asked by Michaelziv (1 points ) November 11th, 2012

I want buy a Jewelry Gift for my baby girl , but i don’t know what jewelry suits baby.

poisonedantidote's avatar

Here in Spain they give them piercings so they can have earrings, but I think that is a bit cruel to do to someone without their permission at such a young age.

I would say to go with something chunky that can’t be swallowed or choked on. A necklace is a hazard, as it could strangle a baby, broaches have pins, earrings require a piercing, clip on ones can be pulled off and swallowed.

Do they still do teething rings? I had one as a kid, made of silver in the shape of a bear. That was fairly safe.

If she’s only 16 months old you can’t give her anything she will appreciate. Jewelry is neither appropriate nor does it “suit” a toddler. In fact she won’t really appreciate any jewelry until she is 16 years old at the earliest. So buy her something she can wear to her high school graduation, and then just put it away until then.

Welcome to Fluther!

trailsillustrated's avatar

About the only thing you can do is give her earrings, which I gave my daughter and were given to me, culturally the piercing of ears for us is done right away, but that’s controversial, I don’t know what else a baby could wear without tearing it off and eating it.

Start her on a nice string of pearls with add a pearl

More info

Growing up in a calmer generation, I received a string of very nice cultured pearls for my sixteenth birthday.