NightRStar's avatar

Is the Roku 2 XD streaming player compatible with the Buffalo LS-WX2.0TL/R1 LinkStation Duo NAS drive's DLNA server?

Asked by NightRStar (9 points ) November 26th, 2012

I just want to know if I will be able to stream over my pictures, music and videos from my Buffalo LS-WX2.0TL/R1 LinkStation Duo NAS drive on the Roku 2 XD streaming player?

mrentropy's avatar

Anything that’s DLNA certified should work with any Buffalo product, but I can’t say for certain if Roku’s are tested. Buffalo NAS devices are tested with Windows, OS X, PS 3, and XBox 360s and I’ve not seen a problem with those.

If I can remember I’ll ask today. If we don’t, I’ll suggest doing so just to see how far that gets.

Roku products are not DLNA compliant, that’s the way Roku wants it.

Check Roku forums for further details.

mrentropy's avatar

So, I asked and I was told that Buffalo does test Roku devices with NAS devices. According to my source, it works fine.

I haven’t tried it myself, nor have I seen it tested, so take that for what it’s worth.