Ladies - What's your make-up routine?
I actually have a reason for asking this question, involving a beauty site I’m doing some research for, in case anyone is wondering. No names will be used.
First of all, tell me your age (if you’re comfortable doing so), your skin type (oily, dry, acne prone), and when you wear make-up (every day? only to work or on special occasions?).
Now, on an average day, tell me your make-up routine.
- What products do you use?
– Do you use specific application techniques?
– How long does your routine take?
– Does your application change based on mood/occasion/time or is it always the same?
– What brands of make-up do you love? Hate?
-Why do you wear make-up?
Here’s mine to start us off:
– I’m 23, I have dry acne prone skin (God help me), and I never leave the house without make-up on.
– I start by washing my face, applying a layer of DDS Amplifying Elixr, then a layer of Aveeno Clear Complexion facial moisturizer and let it dry.
– I apply a layer of Clinique BB Cream all over my face as a primer (with my fingers) and let it dry.
– I apply Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation with a blending brush all over my face and blend it into my neck.
– I use my fingers to apply Clinique Advanced Concealer under my eyes, along my brow bone, and on any blemishes, blending well.
– I use a blush brush to apply cream blush to my cheeks, starting at my hair line and blending down along my cheek bone toward the center of my face.
– I set the face make-up with Clinique Almost Powder using a fluffy powder brush in dabbing motions.
– I prime my eyelids with Two Faced shadow primer, using my fingers.
– My shadow technique varies depending on mood or occasion, but I’ve been using Maybelline Color Tattoo gel eyeshadow paired with a shimmery Loreal shadow and a highlighting color along my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes. I use a shadow brush and my fingers for this.
– I apply a nude colored eyeliner along my waterline, a soft line of black liner on my lower lash line, and liquid liner on the top lash line.
– I curl my lashes and apply BadGal mascara to my upper and lower lashes.
– Lately I’ve been using Mac lipstick in Hue with a bit if a gloss on top.
Needless to say, I LOVE make-up. I spend way too much time (15 minutes a day) and money (damn you Sephora!) on it and I’m a loyal Clinique user, though I love all the other products I mentioned as well. I wear make-up because it makes me feel good about myself.
I’m excited to hear about your routines and see how it differs from mine and the other responses I’ve collected.