Mist's avatar

Each and every creation on this planet has the right to live happy and with Peace.

Asked by Mist (7 points ) December 7th, 2012

bookish1's avatar

Hi Rahul, welcome to Fluther.

I sympathize strongly with your situation. I live in America but I have had to deal with coming out to traditional and very conservative Indian family. I came out years ago but it is still painful to me every day, in ways that people who were not raised in traditional Asian culture cannot comprehend. I understand about the pressure to make your parents happy. It’s a duty. This is completely alien to most Westerners.

Just so you know, your question is probably going to be sent for moderation, because the title is very long and there are some typos, and they have strict standards on this website. But I hope you will stick around.

Do you think it would be better for you if you moved to a bigger city, like Mumbai? Is there any chance that you could leave the country, so that your parents would not be able to keep track of your doings? How old are they? Are your parents the biggest problem, or do you fear the reaction of the rest of your family as well? Maybe this sounds silly, but do you have a lesbian friend in a similar position, who might be interested in getting married with you to appease her parents?

Please feel free to send me a private message if you would like to talk in private. I am sorry to hear you are lonely and sad. I will listen if you want to talk. You don’t have to feel alone.

Mist's avatar

Hey bookish,
1st and foremost. Thanks a million. To see you composing a reply to me, itself brought a smile. Well, yes it would be great, if we could talk. but how?

Where do u live? It would be great if I can send you or correspond with you personally.

a big hug,
Thanks
;-)