GodisReal's avatar

Why can't people see that these school shootings and hurricane Sandy is simply god trying to punish America for its godlessness, athiesm, and gays?

Asked by GodisReal (78 points ) December 14th, 2012

Clearly people are moving away from faith and the world is becoming a more and more violent place. Isn’t it obvious that God is simply punishing us?

Linda_Owl's avatar

You are clearly out of your mind !

ZEPHYRA's avatar

God is punishing the U.S. for gays? I truly hope your question is just a “joke” to trigger reactions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Shove it up your ass dickhead.
Thought about editting this, but it feels right. Sorry mods.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

Ding ding, let the combat begin…..

livelaughlove21's avatar

Yeah, if only we could kill off the queers, all of our problems would go away.

God isn’t responsible for the deaths of all those kids – the person who pulled the trigger on that gun is.

tedd's avatar

Well in some part of the country someone was wondering this I bet.

Kardamom's avatar

Uh, now which God are we talking about here? Remember there’s a whole bunch of ‘em.

bookish1's avatar

Your God sounds like a loving and merciful shepherd.

glacial's avatar

Why make a whole new account to ask this question? That seems like a lot of effort to go to just to ruffle a few feathers.

GodisReal's avatar

How is Uganda the only one addressing these sorts of problems, seriously?

tedd's avatar

Well we were due for a new crazy member

GodisReal's avatar

It only sounds crazy if you are a godless liberal.

glacial's avatar

@tedd New? Really?

Michael_Huntington's avatar

Because JPEGs are more heavily compressed than other image formats, their information is more volatile and likely to expand at high speed through an unchecked buffer, poorly allocated resource or any other available system space. I’d guess you’re probably losing image data through one of these means. You see, when you load a JPEG into memory, the EXtra colour Information Format (EXIF) header is loaded into RAM in order to prepare the video prebuffer for the incoming high-speed flow of colour information from the uncorked JPEG. If your bus isn’t ready for this information, the rapidly decompressing file information can flow through other parts of your system. Ordinarily this isn’t a problem: as a matter of fact, JPEG was designed for this sort of thing. Older computers couldn’t handle the explosive power behind the fledgeling image decompression algorithm, so rather than fight it, image experts invented the Jampacked Picture Extraction and Gathering (JPEG) protocol. They cleverly decided to allow the image data to spray wherever it would, knowing that after the extraction phase would send raw data all over the inside of the computer, the gathering phase would locate it all and reassemble it into an image. With the advent of faster computers the delay between spray and collection is so small as to be unnoticeable, while newer and bigger video cards are more capable of withstanding the onslaught of colours. Still, the primary weakness of this algorithm is the haphazard placement of decompressed data. There’s just too much of it to channel through normal means, so any loss of data containment results in corrupted images. In your case, it would appear that you’re losing image data through the empty hole where your goddamned shift key should be.

ZEPHYRA's avatar

And here was me wondering about what was going on in Lanza’s mind?

livelaughlove21's avatar

@GodisReal Perhaps you should move to Uganda then. Good riddance.

GodisReal's avatar

@livelaughlove21 I would rather the gays move out there, so they can take care of them.

bookish1's avatar

Have you ever read the New Testament, buddy?

@livelaughlove21 : Beat me to it. Either that or Afghanistan. The Taliban, now they are a God fearing people.

@GodisReal : Why are you so skeered of the gays? Give butt sex a try. You might like it.

Judi's avatar

Someone has been listening to Mike Huckabee! and Fox news a little to much.

GodisReal's avatar

@Judi I LOVE Mike Huckabee! You people need to learn better values. Too much watching of MSNBC and CNN! Liberal media is destroying this once great country!

GodisReal's avatar

This is what our country gets when we take god out of our curriculum!

tedd's avatar

@glacial suspecting someone else? Who is that douchey among us?

livelaughlove21's avatar

I can only assume this is a joke, to get everyone worked up. I refuse to believe that people are truly this ignorant, though I know better.

GodisReal's avatar

There is no joke here @livelaughlove21 – God won’t stop punishing us so long as we keep straying from the teachings of Christ.

ZEPHYRA's avatar

Yeah, because if He is in the curriculum people are so well-behaved!?

tedd's avatar

@livelaughlove. I’ve met a few in my time…. Sadly related to one.

bookish1's avatar

@GodisReal: So, what did Christ teach? It’s your chance to bear witness!

Michael_Huntington's avatar

I have a serious question: Do you even lift, bro?

Michael_Huntington's avatar

and what does god have to do with circumspection? Bro, you’re projecting so hard, you might as well be in IMAX.

GodisReal's avatar

@bookish1 I can tell you what he didn’t teach. Porn filling the internet, taking God out of the Pledge of Allegiance, making Gay Marriage legal, legalizing abortions…the list goes on. What is wrong with society today?

livelaughlove21's avatar

I’d love to know who gave this person 2 GQs and a GA. Seriously?

GodisReal's avatar

@livelaughlove21 Maybe not everyone thinks this point of view is so crazy. Maybe your mind is so filled with liberal BS from being on this site too much. Open your eyes.

Michael_Huntington's avatar

Come on, answer the first question. It’s not rocket appliance; do you even lift?

Simone_De_Beauvoir's avatar

Is this not spam?

GodisReal's avatar

Have you considered that if the shooter was closer to god, that maybe he wouldn’t have taken the lives of so many children and then turn the gun on himself?

Judi's avatar

@GodisReal, Our once great Country where the tax rate for the rich was near 50% and families could afford to live on one income because companies paid a living wage (Because unions fought for it)
My only regret about the women’s movement is that the unintended consequence was that the big corps ended up with twice the work force at half the cost.
I think these things happen because profit matters more than individuals and weak individuals craving acknowledgement in a capitalistic society crack.
I love God and Jesus is my Lord. If we had a question to ask him, I’m sure he would say to those who claim to speak for him today, ”“Depart from me you who are cursed int the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.”
Don’t blame this one on MY God. Get behind me Satan.

GodisReal's avatar

God allowed this to happen @Judi and he did so, so that we can open our eyes to our evil ways.

woodcutter's avatar

i need more popcorn brb

Judi's avatar

You are wrong @GodisReal , quit making my Lord look bad.

ZEPHYRA's avatar

Many a shooter have been close to God, in fact most shooters round the globe shoot in the name of God, that means nothing at all!

zero_1's avatar

They see him Trollin, they hatin, postin, tryin to get me angry…

GodisReal's avatar

@Judi I am not making him look bad. America is making enemies of the Christians today. Doubting the existence of god, having man on man relations, aborting innocent fetuses. How can you stand by and not defend God?

TheProfoundPorcupine's avatar

@GodisReal You were doing so well with the wording of the question up until the word, Why…then you lost it I’m afraid.

GodisReal's avatar

@ZEPHYRA – Prove it. Provide links. No one this close to god would ever do something this evil.

@GodisReal No one can presume to know God’s will.

GodisReal's avatar

@chyna – Read the bible. It doesn’t take a genius to know that we are far from a Christian nation today. God is punishing us so we may correct our wrongdoings.

DrBill's avatar

Sounds like you need to change over to the real God, the one who loves.

Blackberry's avatar

There has also been an increase in trolling.

livelaughlove21's avatar

@GodisReal Yes, it’s me that needs to open my eyes. That’s rich. While you’ve been slaving over Leviticus, you missed this:

Matthew 6:14 – “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”

Matthew 7:1 – “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”

Luke 6:36 – “Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.”

Luke 23:16 – “Therefore, I will punish him and then release him.”

I hope this God if yours forgives you.

Judi's avatar

Jesus stood by and didn’t say a word even about the Roman pedophiles. He DID say, “Don’t take the speck out of your brothers eye until you take the log out of your own.”
Quit expecting non Christians to act like Christians. Work on getting the Church to act in the radical loving way that Jesus did. The Good news is NOT, “You’re going to hell. “The Good news is right now! Advent is Here! Rejoice!

GodisReal's avatar

I’m off to a Bible reading session. I’ll be back on later to discuss. Take this time to consider my points.

@livelaughlove21 – Context. I am no saint, I judge, but these tragedies are simply judgement from God and this is how he delivers his message.

woodcutter's avatar

and I’m back

Simone_De_Beauvoir's avatar

I am so glad to be all 3 of those things. Except that 2 out of the 3 is the same thing. But, I don’t think this is about logic.

ZEPHYRA's avatar

I can imagine the discussions in the Bible reading sessions!

Judi's avatar

@GodisReal , Jesus is SOOOOOO much more than you realize. You are so wrong. I pray that you seek TRUTH and not affirmation. If you really love God, you won’t be afraid of the answers.

DominicX's avatar

Honestly, I would be pissed at someone turning a tragedy into a troll opportunity, but I have to say I love people like @GodisReal. They make homophobes look like the fools they are; just keep digging your own graves. People who think like that (because there are people who do, even if this is an obvious troll) are becoming increasingly irrelevant in today’s world and I am so glad for it.

tedd's avatar

It’s getting hardcore old testament up in this b*tch… Lol

I for one hope this crazy lasts a while. They’re always gone too soon to truly enjoy their insanity to its fullest.

Kardamom's avatar

Out of the fire and into the frizzer

Would anybody like some nachos while I’m up?

GodisReal's avatar

It upsets me that people like me are no longer taken seriously because of trolls. Listen to my words, things will only get worse unless we put God back into this country.

Michael_Huntington's avatar

Things will only get worse unless we put #SWAG back into this country.

Michael_Huntington's avatar

What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

GodisReal's avatar

Its no fantasy. Simply living by the teachings of Christ.

Judi's avatar

@GodisReal , One of the founding proncipals of this country is that it IS a secular country with the freedom to worship as you please. I don’t want religous leaders dictating my country. We don’t need God in our Country, we need him in our hearts. In Jesus time they made the same mistake. They were looking for a political savior and he was nothing of the sort. He was a PERSONAL savior. He wants a personal relationship with you, not a political one. Work on being the best YOU that you can be. Let God worry about everyone else. He never expected us to change anyone’s hearts. HE is the only one who can do that. so FEAR NOT! Be the type of Christian that draws people to Jesus not one that repulses them. If it promotes fear it’s not from him and you are being decieved.

GodisReal's avatar

How is he supposed to be in our hearts if we don’t teach it in school and teach about theories like evolution and the big bang theory. We are making it easier and easier to accept life without god.

ZEPHYRA's avatar

Teach it all at home and in daily life first and it won’t matter in the least if it is not taught at school!

GodisReal's avatar

So many souls will be lost if we don’t teach children about being saved by Christ. Children that were killed today could have very well never heard about Jesus and I hate to think about where they are now

ZEPHYRA's avatar

Where could kids who have not heard about Jesus possibly be??????? Would God have thrown them out of heaven cos they knew nothing about Christ? Are we being serious???????????

Ayesha's avatar

Wow. You should really get your shit together. Learn to respect other people’s decisions about their life. Yeah because getting rid of gay people is the solution. Really? Have some humanity.

GodisReal's avatar

@zephyra Anyone who doesn’t accept Jesus as their personal savior will be damned to hell for all eternity.

Hypocrisy_Central's avatar

(Not jumping into the fracas. just yet) Uh, now which God are we talking about here? There is only One God; the Mighty I AM, El Shaddai, the Lord of Lords, King of kings, Prince of Peace, Lamb of God. Any other god are just man created hunks of stone, wood, metal or gold, etc.

Blackberry's avatar

This is such blatant trolling, stop entertaining this, lol.

Michael_Huntington's avatar

Anyone who doesn’t lift will be damned to…a place where unlifters like you go.

ZEPHYRA's avatar

Those little kids and any little kid who has been taught about Jesus or not and is now deceased will definitely be in the same place, there is NO discrimination out there!

Michael_Huntington's avatar

So should I watch the Hobbit? y/N?

basstrom188's avatar

this is vile!

Ayesha's avatar

Where are the GQ’S coming from?

Michael_Huntington's avatar

Seriously, I didn’t read the book, but it looks like a good movie.

ZEPHYRA's avatar

@Ayesha from the like-minded and those who have now seen this as a joke!

syz's avatar

If that’s truly what you believe, then your God is an evil motherfucking piece of shit.

Ayesha's avatar

@ZEPHYRA Ahh, I see.

GodisReal's avatar

@syz he’s your god too.

syz's avatar

There is no God. God is Santa Claus for grownups.

Kardamom's avatar

I’m sorry, which of you guys wanted jalapenos on your nachos? I’ve also got ranch dip if you’d prefer.

Just holler into the kitchen ‘cause I’m about to put some Gingergread Men Cookies in the oven.

newtscamander's avatar

OH, I didn’t know that only America had godlessness, atheism and homosexual people.
But then again….I seem to remember knowing some homosexual people. They live near me. There was no hurricane near me. Huh. That’s strange, I guess one will be coming up in the near future then.
I think your question is very disrespectful to homosexuals, atheists and also people affected by school shootings, way to go affronting and discriminating so many in only five lines of text!

Michael_Huntington's avatar

@GodisReal Seriously, your satanist rants are getting annoying, bro.

It’s assholes like this that give Christians a bad name. Sorry, guys.

PeppermintBiscuit's avatar

I think I’ll take the question and turn it into a meme with “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore”. See if Facebook likes it.

nofurbelowsbatgirl's avatar

No, I do not believe anyone close to God would kill children.

@GodisReal Satan is behind such evil doing. God also knows we are sinners, he also gave us free will and you are sinning for trying to punish what is not rightfully yours to punish. The gay people are not YOUR children, they are Gods and he will make the choices. Your question actually is like an oxy-moron, isn’t it?

Kardamom's avatar

@GodisReal You still haven’t gotten back to me about which God you are talking about.

Maybe one of These Guys

Or even one of These Fellows

Or maybe one of This Lot

Or maybe even This One

Or how about one of These Blokes

You need to be more specific when you refer to God, because there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many of them that it’s hard for us to keep track : )

Happy Holidays!

newtscamander's avatar

@Michael_Huntington Yes you should watch the Hobbit! Holy Christ, that was one good movie!

Michael_Huntington's avatar

@scuniper Even if I didn’t read the book? :S

bookish1's avatar

@Kardamom: Screw nachos, let’s have some vegetarian TACOS :)

Michael_Huntington's avatar

@GodisReal I get it now. It all makes sense. This is your weird way of coming out of the closet, isn’t it?

Kardamom's avatar

@bookish1 Maybe we could put some Seitan in those Godless vegetarian tacos! Bwuaaah haah haaah!

newtscamander's avatar

@Michael_Huntington Yes, why not, the movie’s plot is actually very similar to the book’s, and because there are going to be three movies, if you wanted to read the book afterwards you would only have to read seventy or so pages until you get to the part you haven’t seen yet ;) And it was really very good!

Michael_Huntington's avatar

@scuniper I just read your profile. Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Kardamom's avatar

@scuniper I have not yet seen the movie, but I can tell you that I love, love LOVE Martin Freeman, the actor who plays Bilbo Baggins. He also plays Dr. Watson on the BBC series, Sherlock with the also fabulous Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Sherlock Holmes.

newtscamander's avatar

@Michael_Huntington Ja spreche ich. Sie auch?
@Kardamom yes, I like him in Sherlock too! And Benedict Cumberbatch will be in a new Star Trek movie soon, did you know? So I might go and see that….I think he’s an excellent actor!

Michael_Huntington's avatar

@scuniper Ein bißchen. I’m still learning,

newtscamander's avatar

@Michael_Huntington Impressive, I hear it’s a comparatively hard language to learn, good luck with that :) I’m interested though, how did you get the idea to learn german?

Michael_Huntington's avatar

@scuniper Thanks! Eh, not really, it’s somewhat similar to English. I’m taking it for language requirements in my university. Plus I listen to Rammstein.

philosopher's avatar

@bookish1
You wrote my thoughts.
This is why terrorist say they want us dead. It is an illogical insane way to think.
This young man and many others go through life without the help they need.
Even state hospitals allow these people back out among us.

tom_g's avatar

Obama

This person sounds all too real to me. As Christians we have to be careful when we represent so I want to spread love not hate. Never judge.

AshLeigh's avatar

This actually disgusts me, and made me laugh at the same time.

And my God loves all His children.

newtscamander's avatar

@Michael_Huntington really? Rammstein? Too dark for me mostly….
Hmm, maybe I don’t notice the similarity because both are my mother tongue, that german is supposed to be hard is just what I’ve heard ;)

bookish1's avatar

@Kardamom : Gay atheist vegetarian tacos, coming up.

What a funny coincidence that this image came up when I just googled “gay atheist vegetarian tacos.”

DigitalBlue's avatar

Whether OP is trolling or not, brings us face to face with the reality that there are people who believe this.

I’m curious to know just how well prayer has worked, historically, in preventing great tragedy. Seems in the history of mankind that no amount of prayer or devotion is sufficient to protect us from the wrath of God.

bookish1's avatar

@DigitalBlue : Oh it’s true. It was a wake up call to me.

And God killed entire tribes in the Old Testament. Which is clearly the only part of the Bible that the OP has read.

glacial's avatar

@Kardamom Props for sneaking Rickman in there. That was genius.

Like we keep records of answered prayers. Lol I’ve had several most recently w my moms cancer but she had meds too so we give all glory to God regardless. But I bet He listens to my gay brothers and sisters too. If this new poster is from Missouri I’ll really be upset!

GracieT's avatar

@GodisReal, I know many liberal Christians. You don’t have an either/or relationship guaranteed. Many of my friends who supported Obama and celebrated the day after the election were Christians. Most feel that pushing the country to go back to the “idyllic days” of yesteryear in which we were a more “Christian nation” is a bad idea.

dabbler's avatar

What is this @GodisReal cliche engine thing making a mockery of God and His Will ?
Anyone else notice that it gets exactly one GA per post ?
Masquerading as a new member are we? Aren’t there commandments about lying?
Agent of Satan!

glacial's avatar

@dabbler Are you suggesting that Satan is the one giving him GAs? Ahhhhh, so Satan has an account here. Curiouser and curiouser!

You are pathetically ignorant.

bkcunningham's avatar

I am keeping my 3 year old granddaughter tonight. She is so beautiful and funny and precious. My sister-in-law sent her a doll for Christmas that I let her have tonight. She named her Candy Cane Bow. She is a beautiful doll with a red Christmas dress and a bow in her hair. Her embrodered eyes and heart shaped mouth look like Cinderella’s according to her new “Mommy.”

As I was reading to my granddaughter and Candy Cane Bow tonight, Addie lifted her little curly top head off the pillow and laid her head tight on my chest to get a better look at the story book. The weight of her little head released something inside of me. The reality of what happened to the families today in Newton really hit me and made a mountain of emotions sweep over me. It took all of my strength to get through her last bedtime story.

I know how it feels to lose children. Whether it is by bullets, auto accidents or sickness; the loss is devastating. You can look near and far and never find a reason to explain the question of why. I have great faith. I will share my beliefs and my faith with anyone, anywhere in a respectful and loving manner. This conversation is sickening to me and the disrespect it bestows upon others is really bad guys. Please, let’s say words of kindness and love to each other and not add to the hate and hurt in the world.

There is a community grieving an inexplainable, unbelievably tremdously devastating loss tonight. We are part of the world that they live in. Peace to them. Peace to us. Peace.

livelaughlove21's avatar

You know, @GodisReal, you might be onto something there. I’ve thought the Big Bang Theory was the beginning of the end from the very beginning – that show sucks! :)

mazingerz88's avatar

Nothing like a real God defending troll to bring jelly dwarves, elves and hobbits together! Bring on the orcs of inquisition you faithful narrow minded little goblins you! : )

tinyfaery's avatar

The End.

Man this person may have a rough time getting through the pearly gates if gays are allowed too lol

GodisReal's avatar

The bottom line is, if you believe in God, what other reason could there be for something so horrible happening? The world is becoming a darker place and God punishes the innocent to show that repercussions are to be had, no one is safe.

livelaughlove21's avatar

@GodisReal How about…shit happens. If a child gets leukemia and dies, is it because God is punishing him or her? No – people get cancer, people get shot, natural disasters are bound to occur from time to time – shall we attribute all the bad things that happen in our lives to God’s wrath?

…not so much. It’s life – shit happens.

trailsillustrated's avatar

HUH is australian is in shock…

bookish1's avatar

@GodisReal : So do you think we should thank God for the killing of these children, because it might open some people’s eyes to the existence of God?

DominicX's avatar

It seems more logical then that God would send an earthquake to San Francisco to kill all the gays there rather than send a rogue shooter to an elementary to kill kids.

trailsillustrated's avatar

and and I like ramstein too——had no idea it was some giant religious thing

trailsillustrated's avatar

TROLL please make me think this is greater than that? oh please