LavoneBrunsvold's avatar

What and why should I sell on eBay to increase my feedback score rapidly and become an eBay Powerseller?

Asked by LavoneBrunsvold (1 points ) January 15th, 2013

I am a new eBay. But I wanna be a power seller as well as increase my feedback score rapidly.I wanna know what I should sell the buyers will buy and leave feedback.I also wanna know how to be a power seller? What are the requirement?

Welcome to Fluther.

Here’s the eBay page:

To qualify for the PowerSeller program, sellers need to consistently sell a significant volume of items, provide a high level of service to their buyers, maintain a positive Feedback score, and meet the requirements for detailed seller ratings and eBay Buyer Protection and PayPal Buyer Protection case standards. Membership in the program is free.

You don’t need to apply for the PowerSeller program. If you qualify, you’ll automatically be included. Just check your Seller Dashboard to see if you’ve achieved PowerSeller status. PowerSeller levels include Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Titanium depending on the number of items you’ve sold or the dollar amount of your sales.

If you’re not a PowerSeller yet, you can always work your way up by meeting these requirements:

Be registered with eBay for at least 90 days.

Have an account in good standing.

Maintain a positive Feedback of 98% or higher over the past 12 months.

Follow all eBay policies.

Have a minimum of 100 transactions and $3,000 in sales with US buyers over the past 12 months.

Receive at least a 4.60 average from US buyers across all 4 detailed seller ratings (DSRs).

For all transactions with US buyers, have no more than 1.00% of transactions with low DSRs (1s or 2s) on item as described, and a maximum of 2.00% of low DSRs on communication, shipping time, and shipping and handling cost.

For all transactions with US buyers, have no more than 1.00% of transactions result in opened eBay Buyer Protection and PayPal Buyer Protection cases, and no more than 0.30% of transactions result in closed cases without seller resolution.

If your account falls below these requirements, you may lose your PowerSeller status.

I think you are going about it backwards.

You need to decide what product line you are in, and get good at it, and then (and only then) go for Power Seller status.

What niche can you put yourself in, where you will have a market share that makes it worthwhile? What can you supply better than others?

Basically, you need to start with Product, and then move to Sales. Not the other way around.

poisonedantidote's avatar

I recently purchased some mint condition stamps from ebay, only $1.50 for them, featuring Albert Einstein. The deal was made much nicer, in that the seller used collectible stamps to pay the postage, so when it arrived, not only did I have the stamps I paid for, but some nice used stamps about space exploration.

This small detail made me go back to my purchase, and leave the seller a 5 star rating. I got what I wanted fast, it was what it said it was, good price, and a nice little detail to finish it all off.

If you go that little extra when selling, you will soon get more and more good ratings.

RubieVannuck's avatar

Actually i am also a eBay user.I also started a few months ago,When i
started using eBay to become a PowerSeller only 8th month from started.The fastest way to become a PowerSeller IMO is to sell a large amount of inexpensive items.
There are many various levels of PowerSeller status. At the bottom of the PowerSeller food chain is bronze. To be a bronze PowerSeller, you need to sell at least 100 items a month or make at least $1,000 a month for 3 consecutive months. It’s really not hard to do but it does take a lot of work. So you can try it may you can.How much feedback you now? If you have zero feedback until now.the fastest way to increase your feedback is by buying a lot of cheap items from eBay. By cheap, I meant items that cost you no more than $1 for both the item and the shipping combined.There is not one magic product that can make everyone an eBay PowerSeller. It’s best if you specialize in selling a product that you know a lot about.This will save you tons of headaches when answering potential customers questions about your items. You’ll also need to find a wholesaler to buy the item from at a price low enough to be able to resell it for a profit.This is one of the hardest things involved with starting a successful eBay selling business.
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/services/buyandsell/powerseller/criteria.html
http://www.izzonet.com/streetwise-ecommerce/tips-for-successful-selling-on-ebay