ebasboy's avatar

Have you realised that Lecturers who fail to deliver like authority?

Asked by ebasboy (196 points ) February 18th, 2013

I don’t know if you have the same view as I. I have realized this just as I began this semester, and I looked back and got justification from previous ones. The lecture will ask lot of questions and give some as research questions instead of socializing knowing that by letting them into himself will make him uncomfortable when commiting silly presentations or some kind of low confidence.
Hope you getting me..Thanx for you attention

1 Answer

wildpotato's avatar

I’m not sure if I understand your question, but it seems like you’re talking about class participation. Is it that you think lecturers who fail to facilitate discussions are afraid of being challenged, or shown to have gaps in their knowledge?

If that’s your concern, my response is that that’s the way lecture courses are, and I wouldn’t necessarily attribute fear of engagement to your prof. If you like class discussion and a lot of give and take between students and professor, you could explore seminar style courses. They are set up to have a much smaller student-to-teacher ratio so people can get that sort of attention.