BronxLens's avatar

What is the best database for managing the business end (sales & marketing, invoicing, inventory, etc.) of photographers/painters/sculptors?

Asked by BronxLens (1535 points ) June 11th, 2008

I need a database program to manage day-to-day photography/painting/sculpture work, such as GYST software. If you tried this, how was your experience?

reed's avatar

An artist friend of mine just uses Quickbooks to manage his business. Its also what I use for my business, its quite versatile software.

truckling's avatar

I highly recommend filemaker. go to and check out their small business solutions. I’m a freelancer and I’ve set up all my timetrackong and invoicing with it.

ideabrian's avatar

Beware, if you use Filemaker, it can get addicting. Check out: if you start with that. A friend of mine started and still runs that after about 12 years.