- This question has been deleted.
Would you like to meet our new dog?
As some of you know, our dog (Gus) passed away last July at about 16 years of age – from old age/cancer. It was the most significant loss I have ever experienced. I could hardly drag myself out of bed for the two weeks following. My whole world felt empty and broken.
Because I was having such a hard time (and it was getting worse), we decided to start searching for an adoptable dog from shelters/rescues.
We found one that stood out… she was only 8 months old and absolutely adorable. So, after much background checking and interviews..etc, the foster chose us as the right fit for her.
We named her Piper and just love her to pieces! She is such a wonderful little dog. She really brightened up our home again and continues to do so. I was so worried about it being too soon to bring a new dog into our lives but it turned out to be just what we needed. It was exciting but hard at all at once. Bringing her home into our previous dog’s space, with some of his things still around. We are so grateful for this little furry creature and do not regret anything. It’s like she knew about our recent loss…and about the dog who was here before her. Such a sweetie.
She has one ear up and one down about 90% of the time; the other 10% of the time, she has Yoda ears… and loves playing with her toys and us. We are always laughing at her funny little antics. Anyone who meets her thinks she’s almost too adorable (especially with those ears).
So, without further ado (weighing in at a whopping 9.5 lbs), meet Piper.
Thank you for reading my long blurb. I will check later in the day… as I need to get myself to bed!