Would you initiate conversations with someone over IM if you weren't interested?
This guy has been initiating conversations with me over IM most days the last two weeks. I’ve known him for years, but not very well. He was at my University but was more of an acquaintance. We hadn’t spoke to each other in years since I randomly bumped into him one night last month. I spoke to him briefly, so maybe that triggered it? I think I’m starting to get a slight crush on him. Turns out we have a lot in common. I’ve been thinking about him a lot. Could he be interested in me too?
- He starts conversations saying things such as ‘Merry Christmas missy’, ‘Forgot to say, I’m glad you enjoyed the movie.’’ and ‘How far are you through the book? Hope you’re all good’.
- The conversations started off 5 minutes long when we first started chatting around Christmas two weeks ago. Then they ended up being around 20–30 minutes long. Most recently (the last few days) they have been much longer. One conversation we had a few days ago was 3 hours long and one we had yesterday was an hour long. He has initiated about 70% of them.
- He has given me his username and password for his Netflix account without me asking for it.
- He makes typos when he gets carried away and talks about something he likes. He’s apologised but I told him not to worry and that it’s easy to type nonsense when chatting about something awesome and I do it all the time too. He replied saying “Aww that is reassuringly true”
- There has been no flirting in the conversations. We’ve just been chatting about stuff we enjoy and have in common. “Well, to be honest I think it’s more impressive that you could… blah blah” and saying that I have “pro skills” is the most flirty he has been.
- He hasn’t said anything that makes it seem like he fancies me or finds me attractive.