• This question is currently being edited.

General Question

How to get more profit?

Asked by jamessmithusa (4 points ) January 5th, 2014

I have a small local business but not getting much profit from there. Please suggest some tips that can make my business more profitable. thanks

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

You could try advertising more to bring in more customers.

My Vietnamese/Chinese ex co worker used to stress this quote toward me. “It takes money to make money.”

@jamessmithusa First, welcome to Fluther. I’ve run my own small business since 1985. But it’s nigh-on impossible to answer your question without more information. What business are you in. How are you promoting it now? Who are your customers. What motivates them to buy? Provide details on those issues and any more you feel are critical to making the potential customer place an order with you. Then we can help.

Word of mouth, special discounted prices, promote festival or celebration, offer freebies for special customers (such as the first 100 or the 50th person, or such).

You don’t give us a lot to work with but he only way to increase profits is to reduce expenses and increase income.
waiting for spam?

Decrease costs, or increase sales. For increasing sales, I suggest reading “Predictably Irrational” by Dan Ariely. It’s not a how-to for marketing, but it will give you tremendous insights into how your customers make decisions.

Destroy the competition by any means necessary.

This discussion is closed.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther