• This question is currently being edited.

General Question

Who can help deal with Discount Dragon ads?

Asked by NikiaSims (1 points ) January 14th, 2014

I think my computer might be infected with something baleful cuz I’ve got lots of Discount Dragon ads and deals all the time. Who can come out an idea to get rid of it, I really appreciate that.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

the general thread is to
1. remove entries for Windows users/ remove plug-ins for mac users.
2. remove related files which are hidden in most cases.
3. remove Discount Dragon ads from browser settings.

If you fail, you should end its service as well as start up items and start the thread all over again. I don’t know which OS or browser you use, so i just offer some steps that mac users may want i’m using mac.

1. “Go” -> Internet Plug-Ins -> find Discount Dragon coupon and remove it.
then go to your home folder -> find Discount Dragon coupon and remove it.

2. Finder -> Utilities folder -> terminal -> put “defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES” -> return button -> hold ‘alt’ key and right click on the Finder icon at once -> Relaunch button -> go to C:\Windows to remove temp files -> go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data and C:\Program Files to remove items named after Discount Dragon.

3. ‘Safari’ menu -> ‘Preferences’ -> ‘extensions’ tab -> use “uninstall” to remove Discount Dragon coupon -> Help -> Installed Plug -> Ins & list -> remove Discount Dragon coupon.

tada…done! Some one has told me to use Autorun, but i don’t know how to use it. Pathetic me studying the way for quite some time :( but YEY! Hope it’ll help.

I had the same problem like you. Did you try Add/remove program before? Open it and then find out any icons related to this ads, and remove them all. It may be removed from your computer. If you still cannot remove it, you may seek help from some help from professional PC Support Center. Hope it can help you, Good luck!:)

This discussion is closed.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther