2TFX's avatar

Can boys wear short shorts?

Asked by 2TFX (278 points ) 2 months ago

The long shorts today are a little more than pants. I prefer shorts that go above the knee. they are more comfortable and easy to wear.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

As long as they are not Daisy Duke shorts can’t see why not.

Back in the good old GDR, it was normal for boys to wear these

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Above the knee is okay, just don’t have your ass hanging out. No one wants to see that on a guy.

hearkat's avatar

The NBA has brought back retro shorts this year, after the fashion of the short shorts in the ‘80s.

livelaughlove21's avatar

Can they? Of course. Should they? Well, that depends on how short they are, where the guy is wearing them, and what the guy looks like in them.

These are perfectly fine. These are not.

Oh, and me-OW! I would mind their asses handing out of their shorts.

AshLeigh's avatar

Well, they can.

Anyone ever see the OP ( Ocean Pacific ) short shorts guys wore in the 70’s? I have, I was there, balls out all the time. lol
There is an old geezer that walks my local bike/walking trail every day in his short shorts, creep old baboon. All of us woman laugh at him and he is the talk of the trail. Exhibitionist dude in his little sumu wrestler short shorts. Ewwww!

creative1's avatar

The big issue with shorter shorts on men is they have to keep the dragon caged so if you are a guy who doesn’t wear underwear that hold him in nicely I wouldn’t recommend it unless you want an accidental wardrobe malfunction. I remember in gym class in high school and climbing the rope there was a boy who didn’t wear any underwear and his little dragon popped out as he was climbing oops lol

Immeediately above the knee is not short shorts to me, I call them Bermuda shorts or long shorts. To me below the knee are not shorts, they are capris, can be clam diggers (although clam diggers can be slightly above the knee too) and also called three quarter pants. There are probably more names I am forgetting. Short shorts near the top of the thigh I don’t think look good on men, but it is ok for a swimsuit. Mid thigh can be ok, but I like them close to the knee.

SadieMartinPaul's avatar

I vote for guys in mid-thigh shorts. Gentlemen, your legs are gorgeous. Those long, baggy things – the male version of culottes or bloomers – do nothing to flatter your (very sexy) legs.

Buttonstc's avatar

@hearkat

I really like the look of those Retro basketball shorts. They’re just the right compromise between the super baggy and the barely-there ones back in the days of Dr. J. (And I mean the Erving one, NOT the Fluther one) Those were so short it was ridiculous, but he carried it off well.

Good times back in Philly:
.
.
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/features/171009-today-in-nba-history-1981-dr-j-julius-erving-named-mvp
.
.
......

downtide's avatar

It all depends where you’re wearing them.

These almost anywhere, in the street, at the mall etc.

These at the gym or on the beach

These are suitable only for your local Gay Pride parade.

jca's avatar

@downtide: Is that middle one a young Brad Pitt?

downtide's avatar

@jca I don’t think so. I found it on some random tumblr. Tineye was no help so I think it’s just an amateur model.

livelaughlove21's avatar

@downtide Blech, that first guy has ugly legs. I’d opt for jeans if I were him. He could also use a nice greasy cheeseburger or two. It’s bad enough that female models starve themselves so they can achieve an impressive level of grossness, but guys too? Who thinks guys look best with -5% body fat? The shorts are fine in themselves though, so we can agree on that.

@jca Definitely not. But still pretty damn hot.

@jca Looks like Brad Pitt to me too.