Where would YOU rather go on vacation?
Part 2 to this question.
We’ve decided on a time of year: October-ish.
We also decided on a budget: $2000.
We’ve narrowed it down to two options:
Option 1: Orlando, FL
– $2000 for a five day stay, including gas and food
– We’d be staying at the Hilton on International Drive, very close to the attractions we’d be going to
– We’d spend a day at Discovery Cove, including a swim with the dolphins.
– We’d get unlimited visits to SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens in Tampa during our stay.
– Potential downside: We did all this (minus Busch Gardens and Aquatica) two years ago for our honeymoon. We did really enjoy it, though.
Option 2: Carnival Cruise
– $1700 for the ocean-view suite and cruise fees, plus any alcoholic beverages, money spent at the stops, and tips
– 5-day Bahama cruise leaving from Charleston, about an hour and a half from where we live
– Neither of us has ever been on a cruise before
I’m leaning toward Orlando because I know it was fun the first time, but it wouldn’t hurt to do something I’ve never done before. I’m concerned that I’ll be bored with the cruise, as we’re not into gambling or getting drunk every night, and we don’t have kids. We’re not really looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation; we want to have fun.
So, where would you rather go? Pros and cons of each?