Adirondackwannabe's avatar

What do you do when you're so fucking pissed you just want to scream?

Asked by Adirondackwannabe (34628 points ) February 16th, 2014

Oh fuck, if I go into details it’s just going to hurt. I so want to quit this.

talljasperman's avatar

Get a thick pillow and scream into it.

hearkat's avatar

I go for a drive and blast Alice In Chains songs and sing at the top of my lungs.
Otherwise, I find a quiet place where I can scream – I am a vocal person so singing angry songs or screaming loudly are very cathartic for me.
I also write or type a journal entry and usually cry tears of frustration and whatever other emotions are mixed in there.

Hang in there, Adi <3

SadieMartinPaul's avatar

Swear like a drunken sailor. Just rip out a string of the ugliest words you know.

I’m not fond of foul language, and I don’t use it in my day-to-day life, but sometimes… An obscene rant (preferably in a private place where nobody will hear) can be amazingly cathartic.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Go ahead and vent,it’s the best release, we feel for ya we have all been there from time to time.

I avoid drinking alcohol as much as possible.

glacial's avatar

I crank up the Dead Kennedys and clean the house. I don’t want to break anything I own, and I don’t want to get arrested for breaking anyone else’s stuff… so I might as well make all that useless rage work for me instead.

Once I’ve come down a bit, I might call a trusted friend and rant.
Important: tell them up front that you just want to rant, and be sure they are on board.

And whatever it is you “want to quit”... maybe it’s time you did. Consider it seriously when you can think straight.

Cruiser's avatar

I always fall back on the things that make me who I am. There are times in life when people and things demand of you and you step up and do your part and it is never enough and that is when I go hiking in the woods and play this… and say fuck em all.

Sing Abba songs at the top of my voice, gives an immediate & effective release, outstanding results.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@ucme I’d rather be dipped into flaming oil, very slowly, then listen to Abba songs. And get a flaming oil enema at the same time.

Cruiser's avatar

@ucme And I thought I was the only one who skirted reality with Abba cranked to the max…small f’d up world

@Adirondackwannabe Whatever turns you on dude :)
“KNOWING ME KNOWING YOU AHAHAAAAAAAA!!

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@ucme Oh fuck, it won’t let me flag it.

Swear out loud.
(^&#$@!!!.
If you aren’t going to share your reasons for said pissiness then I can only offer a generic solution that works in most all situations. lol

Things not to do:

Make your own list.

@Adirondackwannabe Me & @Cruiser dressed in lycra jumpsuits, he’s Benny & i’m Bjorn…”Money, money, money, must be funny, in a ri…”

Cruiser's avatar

@ucme I get the gold jumpsuit this time

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Either of you in jumpsuits is sending me running.

@Cruiser Sure, I look great in pink anyway.

What kind of jumpsuits? Will there be pole dancing?

The tight kind & no, it’ll be swedes dancing.

Pachy's avatar

Watch your favorite DVD.

I tend to scream. Although, less know than when I was younger. I would probably call a girlfriend and vent.

Adagio's avatar

Where I live “pissed” means thoroughly intoxicated.

jca's avatar

@Adirondackwannabe: I hope, by now, 4 hours later, your anger has died down somewhat and your problem has started to be rectified.

johnpowell's avatar

Tell the person to fuck off and walk away. I live alone and work for myself. If someone makes me really angry I can simply walk the fuck away.

LuckyGuy's avatar

I make a good hot fire in the stove and get rid of papers and stuff I should have thrown out years ago. It’s refreshing.

A stout drink and obliteration for a while. Sorry.

Juels's avatar

I’m a venter. Get it out and move on. If you need to scream, then do it.

Abba songs are for feeling good. When I’m in a hating mood, I recommend some Ugly Kid Joe.

Seek's avatar

Honest answer?

I bake things.

If nothing else in the entire world is going my way, at least I know I have complete control over that loaf of bread.

jonsblond's avatar

I was so fucking pissed because my car was stuck in the snow in my driveway that I threw the shovel instead of screaming.

I like to throw things. Watch out.

wildpotato's avatar

I exercise with music till I can’t move or think anymore. Though with my recent aquisition of a woodstove, I, like LuckyGuy, have also found making and stoking a fire to be a great way to unwind.

Hope everything’s ok and you’re feeling better now, Adi.

Blondesjon's avatar

Start talking in to a microphone.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Thanks guys. Sorry, life was getting me down for a bit.

jonsblond's avatar

It happens to the best of us. (I can’t believe you got away with using the word fucking in the title. lucky you)

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I do something physically challenging. It helps with the Serotonin uptake, pumps oxytocin levels up, and after you hit the zone, it’s all in perspective of a bigger picture—which is your life in all three tenses at once. Push it a little harder and it’s like looking at the world through a fog of opium. If that isn’t possible, Ten minutes Ujai breathing is a close second in the deadman’s pose, followed by a quiet half hour of meditation in the same pose (my favorite).