ayammy96's avatar

How can I stop talking to my self ( and am not crazy)?

Asked by ayammy96 (11 points ) April 4th, 2014

I am 17 years old girl, and I just have 4 worst habits that I don’t like to grow, the first and the worst one is talking to my self so loud, I started when I was 9 and I still do it everyday, am scared to see a doctor and I never told it to my friends but I cant hide it anymore and I need help. 2nd one is; I love to be alone and do nothing, sometimes I think that am totally hopeless because I don’t do my home works and I don’t read my books but am the first always, and i’m bad at math, I hate math because it needs more work. 3rd is; I am addicted to movies and I sometimes don’t eat and drink but watch movie all the time, I really like to stop that, and the 4th worst habit I have and I hate is lying, I lie a lot, I lie to my teachers, friends, and family. please help me how can I change my bad habits.

Cruiser's avatar

You appear to lack self confidence to succeed and for one reason or another seem to have unrealistic expectations set upon yourself and this is manifesting in your inability to concentrate (on math)...plus, your seclusion and talking out loud speaks volumes to something you are struggling with and you need to find the strength to seek help. If all else….people like you are often creative and you may find taking up an art or hobby will allow you to express your feelings and emotions. Good luck.

Don’t stop talking to yourself, maybe change to writing yourself a note. And then read it. You’ll create a more forceful interior monologue. Everyone talks to them selves in some way or another, whether it’s quiet rumination or out loud.

To stop lying takes hard work but it can be done. Every time you lie, you have to admit it as soon as possible, even if it is the next thing out of your mouth. “I turned that in. No, I’m sorry, that was a lie, I haven’t done the homework yet.” Once you begin making yourself admit it and go through the discomfort, you’ll stop fairly quickly.

If you do those two things, you’ll find yourself taking more control of your life. There’s nothing wrong with not wanting to do anything and watching movies. But it is symptomatic of not having control of yourself to do more. You can be honest with yourself about what you like to do, and then go do it.