What DIY jobs or projects have you or would you be brave enough to tackle?
To me there were several good reasons for tackling DIY jobs and projects, one, I get to take credit or blame for how it turned out. I knew the problem that needed fixing got fixed and nothing else would pop up as told to me by the repairman asking for more money. While we are on money, it often was cheaper. The DIY jobs or projects I have braved in the past have been:
• Disc brakes.
• Drum brakes once.
• New faucet in kitchen.
• Additional shelves in the kitchen.
• Replaced tiles in the floor.
• Replaced blown fuse in dryer.
• Numerous computer repair and upgrades, hard drives, optical drives, whole PCs, etc.
• Vehicle tune ups.
• Head job on engine.
• Rebuilt carburetor.
• Replace slave master cylinder
• Replaced power steering pump.
• Replaced half shaft.
• Replaced water pumps, radiators, thermostats, alternators, and starters.
• Replaced ignition switch.
• Hung blinds
• Replaced filter in tranny.
There are maybe some other things, but I can’t recall at the moment. What have you dared to DIY with, what prompted you to DIY, and how did that work for you?