Send to a Friend
Would you find an adult who plays these games childish?
I would like to preface this question by saying that I understand that one should follow one’s passions and should do things that one likes instead of doing things solely to please people.
That said, it appears that some games are primarily marketed to children or teenagers. Yet, sometimes I still see adults play those games. So, I have two questions:
1. Would you or people you know find an adult who plays each of these games childish or somewhat weird?
* Trading card games based on animated shows, such as Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh?
* Trading card games not based on animated shows, such as Magic the Gathering or Star Wars TCG
* Prepainted miniatures games such as Star Wars Miniatures, Axis and Allies Miniatures, or Heroclix? (See: http://www.rebelscum.com/swminiAOE.asp
* Classic Board Games, such as Operation, Battleship, or Monopoly?
2. Suppose you have a choice between two lawyers or doctors, say Andy and Bob. The two appears to be identical in terms of skill, education, experience, and in other areas. Both Andy and Bob are new to you, and you do not know them from before. However, you do know that Andy plays a game and Bob does not. Would knowing that Andy plays a game while Bob does not make you more likely to choose one over the other, if that game is:
* A trading card game based on an animated show, such as Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh?
* A trading card game not based on an animated show, such as Magic the Gathering or Star Wars TCG?
* A prepainted miniatures games such as Star Wars Miniatures, Axis and Allies Miniatures, or Heroclix?
* A classic board games, such as Operation, Battleship, or Monopoly?
(To clarify, what I mean by this second question is whether, e.g. you would be more likely to choose Andy because he plays Pokemon or less likely to choose Andy because he plays Pokemon or whether the fact he plays Pokemon makes no difference to you in terms of choosing between Andy and Bob).