basstrom188's avatar

Do you see people in dreams who you have known but do not know each other?

Asked by basstrom188 (2054 points ) May 19th, 2014

Familiar plots of the dreams I remember involve people being seen together, often with me, who I know or have known but do not know each other. There are a number of reasons for this such as time, differing interests and geographical location.

jca's avatar

Yes.

CocoSmith's avatar

Yes. I ever saw a man who does not know me attempted to hurt me in my dream.

Khajuria9's avatar

Yes, sometimes but not very commonly.

Pachy's avatar

I’ve always been intrigued by the theory that people in our dreams are really facets of ourselves.

GloPro's avatar

I see all walks of life in my dreams. The one thing I don’t recall is seeing someone in a dream before I meet them in real life.

Yes, usually they represent different aspects of yourself.

Skaggfacemutt's avatar

@GloPro Not people, but I have seen places in a dream that I hadn’t been to yet, and that is the freakiest experiences I have ever had. It is the one and only thing that makes me think that there is something more to life than what we see and understand. In the natural world, where the past is gone and the future isn’t written yet, it would be impossible to dream the future and then live it the next day. Yet that has happened to me.

downtide's avatar

Yes. I’ve dreamed about celebrities on occasion and they definitely don’t know me.

I once dreamed I was sitting in a café in Bristol and Jeremy Clarkson was sitting at another table, ranting about custard.

All that one means is I watch Top Gear too much.