Obscurethinktank's avatar

How do I get the Skin Head look?

Asked by Obscurethinktank (73 points ) 1 month ago

I’ve read up on it and don’t know where to go. I’ve read some fashions, but they’re all trying to keep away from looking like the Neo-Nazi skin head. I want to like like a Neo-Nazi. So is there any way I could dress or any sign that I could throw out to let people know that I’m a Neo-Nazi? One that when you see me you have no doubt. Possibly a sign that can be easily read by other Skins in Florida.

dxs's avatar

It’s all in the swastika.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

Well I’m also in school still and that is kind of frowned upon by the staff

dxs's avatar

Perhaps a Charlie Chaplin mustache? Disclaimer: I am not a Neo-Nazi nor do I know much about the latest prevailing Neo-Nazi trends.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

Tried it, Got suspended.

Seek's avatar

Red shoelaces was the thing in the early 90s, in Fort Myers. And, obvi, the bald head. And general douchebag demeanor. Bruises from actually tough people beating the shit out of you when you show your ass. Stuff like that.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Seriously? Why would you want to?

Obscurethinktank's avatar

Because my dad was a 1–2 and I was raised on those beliefs. He doesn’t want me to embrace it, so I can’t use him to help me in. I know what I’m doing, but I need advise on how to get the look.

Seek's avatar

For what it’s worth: The skinhead scene got chased out of Florida about 15 years ago. They’re done.

But here’s the costume: Wifebeater tank top, shorts, bad tattoos, combat boots with red laces. And the aforementioned bruises, because people will not like you.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Obscurethinktank Do you want the looks or do you really believe in the views?

Obscurethinktank's avatar

I believe in it, but i want to show others that I do. Without having to say it

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Obscurethinktank Fuck off. I don’t want anything to do with you. You are pathetic.
Sorry mods, but this sucks.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

Well if you weren’t going to advise, then why answer?

Seek's avatar

Hey, if someone wants to be a racist asshole, I want them to wear a uniform. It makes it much easier to avoid them and kick them out of my favourite social establishments.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Because advice is wasted on cretins.

Seek's avatar

If you could change your avatar to an SS uniform, that would be great, too.

dappled_leaves's avatar

<Wondering if this is a mod test>

jaytkay's avatar

The typical white supremacist look is a pimply, shirtless, pasty white guy with that fetal-alcohol-syndrome kind of face.

Go for that. If you aren’t already there.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

Are you having someone else type for you? Because your IQ must be around 1–2.

You obviously asked this question to stir the shit.

You’re really Marvin Powell, aren’t you?

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Dan_Lyons Positive numbers? You’re being generous.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

@Adirondackwannabe I said one to -two!

Seek's avatar

Do you live in the Tampa area, by the way? And are you old enough to visit social establishments yet?

Symbeline's avatar

@Dan_Lyons Isn’t MP black? I’m actually hoping this is him, because if it’s not, the actual MP might be extremely insulted. :(

@Obscurethinktank Also, beef up on white supremacy music, like Skrewdriver or Prussian Blue.

Seriously though, if you were raised as a neo nazi, you should know all this stuff without needing to ask. My guess is, trollage.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I didn’t catch that negative 2. That’s still pretty generous.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

I think you mis-read my trademark. the 1–2 is a code for the Aryan Brotherhood. I didn’t mean like one to two.

dappled_leaves's avatar

@Obscurethinktank I think you misread their sarcasm and lack of gullibility.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

@Symbeline I never once believed that MP is black. He was to up front with the avatar, and then all his verbal negativity was not in the style of any black guy I know, and I know hundreds of black folks.

If the actual MP reads this, he will act insulted, but deep down he will be overjoyed at the chance to rant and rave some more.

@dappled_leaves Word.

Symbeline's avatar

@Dan_Lyons Well, I wouldn’t know. Hopefully you’re right.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

I’m just a 13 year old kid in Florida that wants to know how to get the Neo-Nazi look. Is there anything positive you people have to say toward me? Like some advise on how to look?

Combat boots.

Seek's avatar

I have absolutely nothing positive to say to a neo-nazi. Ever.

talljasperman's avatar

Wait until you are 18 then you can do what ever you want to your body. You might have problems getting employment, and hinder your future careers in public service. But in the end it is your choice.

Seek's avatar

Nope. This is my site. You’re too young to be here, so right now you’re my plaything until the mods show up and kick you off. But have fun thinking you’re cool with your “aryan brothers:, none of which are actually part of any meaningful establishment.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Obscurethinktank Come on, you cannot be serious.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

@Adirondackwannabe What? I can’t have differing beliefs? Is your way the only right one? If so, then kindly leave.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Obscurethinktank No differing views are always valued. I love diversity. I really fucking don’t like hate. If you want to spout that stuff than I really have no respect for you.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

Did you finally watch American History X @Obscurethinktank? Is that what this is all about?

Obscurethinktank's avatar

I’ve seen the movie, it’s actually quite good. It’s not the source of my beliefs, but I’ve seen many movies of the same topic too. @Dan_Lyons Have you seen Precious? Is that why you’re such an ignorant scoundrel?

Dan_Lyons's avatar

Yes @Obscurethinktank, I did see “Precious.” But I don’t think that is why I’m a scoundrel. My scoundrel seems to come more from movies like “Captain Blood,” with Errol Flynn.

However I also saw “American History X.” It was an excellent movie, in that it showed what complete and utter assholes are neo-nazis and skinheads.

dappled_leaves's avatar

If you think American History X could be a source of Neo Nazi “beliefs,” you didn’t get it.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

The whole point of that movie is to lead away from being a Neo-Nazi

Dan_Lyons's avatar

Yes @Obscurethinktank, Danny dies. Is that what you are wanting? Is this some kind of a weird suicide thing?

Symbeline's avatar

Not related, but I have a problem with that movie’s ending. It goes out of its way to tell us that we should accept all races and not hate them, and they’re spot on. But at the end, they show completely stereotyped black gang bangers in a car, listening to rap and shooting someone. Giving us an image of black people like that, while telling us the whole time that’s not what all black folks are like through messages in the movie.

Well, I understand where it was going with this, don’t worry, and what I explained here is not proper, but every time I see it that’s what I keep thinking about…I just thought it was kind of unnecessary.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

Not all black people are like that, but geese. They’re not setting a good example where I live.

PhiNotPi's avatar

[Mods says] We do not allow racism on this website. It is considered hateful and is in violation of our guidelines.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

I’m not being racist. I was originally asking for some dressing tips to help me follow a certain fashion. The racism was falsely implied.

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

Is this whole thread a fucking joke?
@Obscurethinktank seriously man, you do NOT want to identify this way. When I was in school back in the early 90’s those neo-nazi kids were not cool.

PhiNotPi's avatar

In that case, I strongly advise you not to take up that fashion trend.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Do you have any grudge to anyone @Obscurethinktank? Or are you trying to join a racist group? Or are you trolling here?

Seriously I want to be helpful, but I can’t.

Seek's avatar

Also, does one not have to be 14 to even be a member of this site? Maybe they can take their prepubescent antics to Snapchat, or wherever the kiddies play these days.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

I’m not trying to be ‘cool’. I’m trying to throw out a signal to people of the same group so I can fit in with then.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

People of the same beliefs will see the sign and know I’m with them when it comes to their beliefs.

Mimishu1995's avatar

@Obscurethinktank Then why the hell do you want to fit in such a group? Try to be accepted by some people and rejected by many more?

Obscurethinktank's avatar

I just need to know how to send the signal.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

If you can’t help me with it, then leave. I’m not really enjoying the criticism here.

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

@Obscurethinktank So you want to be a douche? MMMkay then. Even at 13 you should know better. Their “beliefs” are nothing more than mental retardation, insecurity and daddy issues

dappled_leaves's avatar

“People of the same beliefs will see the sign and know I’m with them when it comes to their beliefs.”

I’m not sure they will know. Perhaps they haven’t been checking Q&A sites to find out what the signs are.

@Seek Rather conveniently, the OP is exactly old enough to join Fluther.

Seek's avatar

Ah, then let the games continue.

Michael_Huntington's avatar

Shouldn’t you be at Stormfront?

dxs's avatar

@seek It’s 13. But believe me when I was 13 I definitely didn’t belong here.
@Obscurethinktank Just because of what your dad was and what you were raised on doesn’t mean you have to fit that mould. I grew up in a very conservative Christian environment, and I am neither of those.
You’re only 13 (and I’m only 18). I encourage you to do what I did during my early teenage years: look for truth yourself and look out for people telling you opinions as facts. Instead of just believing everything I was told, I gained a sense of skepticism that enabled me to distinguish between truth and bullshit.

I hope I’m not coming off as too critical, but how would you like it if you were stereotyped based upon physical qualities that you have no control over such as your skin color or your hair color?

Seek's avatar

Or your slack jaw or your stupid facial tattoos or your rotted meth teeth. All of which are in your future if you continue down the skinhead path.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

@dxs I’m not following in anyone’s footsteps. I have developed these beliefs through shit I’ve been through. I’m racist because I’ve never seen anyone do anything reasonable. Not trying to offend anyone, but I just don’t like people that aren’t contributing to society. Reguardless of race.

Mimishu1995's avatar

@Obscurethinktank And even your dad doesn’t want you to be a neo nazi then why do you?

And you “don’t like people who don’t contribute to the society”? Can you tell me who? Who do you think don’t contribute?

Sooo…you think being a skinhead is going to make you cool, buff up your self image, make the girls want you? lol
Pretty unoriginal thinking if you ask me. Not original, not Obscure, very typical thought for a kid trying on identity hats.
I think a little green leotard with pointy elf shoes and a Peter Pan hat would be a much better fit for your lost boy strivings.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

When did I say that I was trying to do any of that @Coloma? Read the comments before you assume please.

Seek's avatar

Actually, getting into musical theatre, like Peter Pan, might actually bring on some intelligent friends who have aspirations of real accomplishment, and have a side benefit of attracting the ladies.

Obscurethinktank's avatar

He was at one point a Neo-Nazi, so he doesn’t want me in the life. I just want to see what it’s like to have people that also share my view on the subject. Hints why I’m trying to signal them.

Tattoo a swastika on your forehead. That should send a clear message.

How exactly are you contributing to society? How do neo-Nazis contribute to society?

Dan_Lyons's avatar

Are you gay @Obscurethinktank? Not that it matters, but I’m wondering if you are gay but still in the closet and afraid to show it, so instead you have come out with this completely opposite kind of lifestyle to hide your shame.
You needn’t feel ashamed of these feelings anymore. it is socially acceptable to be gay.

Mariah's avatar

You’re only thirteen which means you’re still partially retarded, grow the fuck up and learn how to not be an asshole. Then, then, come back, but until then, get the fuck out of here.

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

@Obscurethinktank Believe me this road will not lead you to be a contributing member of society either, quite the opposite actually. Take another path while you can. At 13 you need to be focusing on your studies, developing your talents and not chasing some image-ideological nonsense. Then perhaps you will be a contributing member. Listen to your elders, we have all been confused teenagers. Trust us when we tell you this is not your path. It will hurt you in a bad way.

Mariah's avatar

I know I’ll get modded but I don’t understand how this question still exists. Seriously.

PhiNotPi's avatar

[Mod says] At this point, it is clear to me that nothing productive will come out of this thread. I’m going to close it down. (No other mods are currently available.)

Seek's avatar

I’m so glad my thirteen-year-old identity crisis costume consisted of black eyeliner and a trenchcoat.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

I dunno @PhiNotPi A lot of jellies are getting the Exhibitionist award from this thread!

Mimishu1995's avatar

@PhiNotPi Oh yeah! Go go go mod! Do your job!

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

Mine was iron maiden T-shirts

Seek's avatar

Man, just when we start to have fun the mods have to show up and put the kibosh on it.

Guess we should start another A-Z Kitchen Spices game.

dxs's avatar

@Obscurethinktank You said: I’m racist because I’ve never seen anyone do anything reasonable. Not trying to offend anyone, but I just don’t like people that aren’t contributing to society. Reguardless of race.”
That’s a contradiction. I find it hard to believe that all of you’re questions have been answered at the age of 13. Please keep an open mind.
What is your definition of racism and why do you define your self as a racist? If you want, you can send me a private message.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

@Seek @ARE_you_kidding_me Mine was Pink Floyd and Inna Godda Davida T-shirts!

Mine was Scarlet Begonias hippie flower child.

Hey….just imagine what might happen in another 12 years when his brain is finally fully formed. lol

dxs's avatar

False!

PhiNotPi's avatar

Only I shall have the final word!

dxs's avatar

Wha-wha-wha-wha….but how?!?!?!