talljasperman's avatar

How do I learn about magick and how do I learn about science?

Asked by talljasperman (19239 points ) June 19th, 2014

Maybe I can use the knowledge on controlling divination and astral traveling?
Topics not listed: Magick.

Here is all you need to know about it:
It does not work.

talljasperman's avatar

@ragingloli How do I learn about science then?

you could start watching Cosmos, Carl Sagan’s, Neil Tyson’s, either works. Or watch them both.

talljasperman's avatar

@ragingloli I’ve watched all 12 episodes. It’s bull. Not the science, but the care that people had for each other.

they have 13 episodes

talljasperman's avatar

@ragingloli : ) So I have one more to watch. But the people smiling and being nice to each other in the graphic cut aways is hard to believe. When I was a kid adults brought pain and not education and children my age were violent and bratty.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

Of course Magic works. But it surely will never ever work for people who claim it does not work.
Science, on the other hand, works regardless of your personal belief system(s).

What is it you wish to learn?

talljasperman's avatar

@Dan_Lyons I want to learn how to control my random astral traveling. And sending inappropriate messages to my younger selves. So I can not fear from what I have already.

Seek's avatar

Uh, I can tell you about astral travel in Dungeons and Dragons. There is no such thing in real life. Unless you can prove the “astral plane” whatever that is, exists and that one can actually “go” there, the question is a nonstarter.

If you want to learn about magic(k), you have to talk to people who believe it exists. There’s really no two ways around that.

If you want to learn about science, ask yourself a question and then test it. “Will this ice cube shrink faster in hot water than cold water?” One ice cube in hot water, one ice cube in cold water. Get out the stopwatch. Record your data. Retest. Retest. Retest. Publish your findings. Invite other people to time the melting of their ice cubes. Refine the test and start over.

talljasperman's avatar

@Seek Where can I find people who can teach about magick?

Dan_Lyons's avatar

Yes of course there is astral travel in real life. Many different meditation techniques are actually designed specifically to help free your spirit self from your material being. One astral traveler I met back in the mid 70s told me he did it by concentrating on his big toe while lying in bed (you want to leave your body somewhere safe and where it will not get into trouble while you are outside of it).

You also want to remember to return to your body after a specific amount of 3rd dimension time has passed.

As for sending inappropriate messages back to yourself, do you think you have done that? Or are you worried about future occurrences?

talljasperman's avatar

@Dan_Lyons I got my self committed for 5 months because I told my mom and an outreach worker, who believes and teaches mindfulness, that I sent myself a vision of someone getting hurt and I tried to change the outcome. I also was told by a friend that he was stalking my old female friend who lived upstairs in my building so I tried to get help for him and failed ( he is mentally ill schizophrenia) and he was off his pills . My freedom to believe in what I believe in was taken from me. I could have used legal assistance when the police where called to take me to a hospital.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

Yes @talljasperman In the beginning of your journey it is wise to keep many details to yourself. As you can see from just the people on this website, most do not believe in this sort of thing, and are quite vehement in their denial. It has been the same throughout history.
After you get old enough to not be affected by the less illuminated people and their attempts to sway you back to their path, then you can speak your mind as I do.

Attempting to use your gifts to change the timeline of others is inadvisable as it is a general rule that people’s difficulties in life are challenges for them to overcome.

Just as in school, helping people cheat actually cheats them.

syz's avatar

If you want to learn about science, take some classes. Please, take some classes. Then you’ll know that the rest is bunk.

cazzie's avatar

@talljasperman I would start at your local psychiatric hospital. Check yourself in. It sounds like you really need some help and a safe place to be and some nice people to talk to.

Inspired_2write's avatar

If one wishes to learn of Esoteric Studies than take the course.
Astral travel is actually another word for focusing and meditating to a point of freeing the consciousness to the unknown parts of the super conconsciousness.
it is said that man is capable of much more and that we only use about one tenth of the capabilities that one can tap into on a subconscious level.
Perhaps you are capable of this but do not have the training to control and focus correctly?
I recommend searching out websites online that cater to this subject to chat with people who can reaqch this state of meditation/focus.

Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Seaofclouds's avatar

[Mod says]: This question is in general folks. Responses must be on helpful and on topic. The current discussion regarding what may be best for the OP is going to be removed. If you wish to continue the discussion, please take it to PM.

Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)