talljasperman's avatar

Can you help me adjust to being alone?

Asked by talljasperman (18306 points ) 2 months ago

I have been alone for the past 7 months.

Mimishu1995's avatar

What happens? You call your mom and she doesn’t rely?

talljasperman's avatar

@Mimishu1995 She turns her phone off and messages me saying that she will call me tomorrow. She is helping someone else right now. Our ex-boss died this week, and everyone is upset. He was the patriarch of the family, and co-workers.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Can you still contact her, generally?

talljasperman's avatar

@Mimishu1995 Yes… but her friend is saying to cut the apron strings. Dr. said that we might be co-dependent.

Mimishu1995's avatar

I feel bad that your mom doesn’t seem to have much time for you right now. It seems that you have to get used to being alone after all.

You can still contact her right? So appreciate every moment you can talk to her. At least you aren’t really the only family after all.

If you fear being alone, why not join a club, do volunteer work, or just hang out and make friends (you already have some tips on making friends right)? At least you can meet people through these activities.

Or maybe you can start writing like others have suggested in a question of yours. Indulging in your imaginary world can be distracting, and you may forget your misery for a while. You don’t have to get your book published, the main aim is to create a distraction.

And you used to ask a question about fear of losing your family right? You still have your mom right now, so appreciate it. Be prepare for the day she goes away, it will be even worse than your state right now. Through the preparation you will learn to adjust to being alone, and cope with losing your family better.