Dan_Lyons's avatar

Have you ever seen a World Class soccer team lose so miserably?

Asked by Dan_Lyons (5421 points ) July 8th, 2014

Germany just scored its 7th goal…7–0 against Brazil!

I took the day off for this!!!?!?!

@Dan_Lyons Poor choice for vacation day!

Pachy's avatar

Sorry, but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

So I go back to work tomorrow and Argentina and the Netherlands will probably go to penalty shots.

Oh…wait…wait!!!! Brazil Scored One!!!!!

muppetish's avatar

They were missing more than one key player during their match. It’s hard to recover from that (and I know because at the last cup, Germany had so many key players benched—it was aggravating how much that changed the team dynamic.) I wish Brazil the best of luck during the third place match, though.

But I’m not going to deny how ecstatic I am by Germany’s win :) My team won’t be third this year! Finally! And Klose broke the record! Ah, I’m so happy.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

it was a fantastic twenty minute stretch when most of the goals were scored @muppetish

That Brazil team are not “world class” & never will be. They were lucky to get as far as the semi finals, a very poor team, filled with average players.
It’s a shame because they’re hosting the tournament for the first time since 1950 & it’s the worst Brazillian team in generations.
They are famed for playing with flair & attacking verve, the 1970 World Cup winning team & the 1982 best team not to win a World Cup, stand out as shining examples.
So like I say, the result came as no real surprise to me, they were a team waiting to be shown up by a solid team playing as a unit, passion & hope gets you only so far.
I picked Argentina before the tournament began & still fancy them to go all the way & lift the trophy, in a repeat of the Mexico 86 final.