Send to a Friend

weeveeship's avatar

What's the name of this crime?

Asked by weeveeship (4508 points ) July 10th, 2014

Lately, there’s been some hooligan (we don’t know who) who has been going into stores, ripping open packages, and leaving. I am pretty sure that this is a crime, but don’t know the technical legal term for this sort of crime. It’s not robbery because no force or threat of force was used. It’s not theft either (from a legal sense) because the hooligan ripped open the packages and left – the hooligan apparently didn’t take any contents in the packages.

Is there a technical legal term for the crime the hooligan I described is committing?

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.