dina_didi's avatar

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?

Asked by dina_didi (939 points ) 6 days ago

You can choose anything, but you can have one ability. What do you choose? The ability of flying, invisibility, mind reading, speed, intelligence, beauty? Something else? Why?

dina_didi's avatar

I choose teleportation. I think it’s great to have the ability to travel the whole world and be so free!

I would love to be able to fly.

Mimishu1995's avatar

Computer intelligence.

cookieman's avatar

The ability to step out of our time stream for as long as I want, but when I return, only seconds have past here.

I would get so much done, be well rested, have oodles of alone-time.

China?

Jonesn4burgers's avatar

Ohhhhhh, ha, I get it.

Jonesn4burgers's avatar

I want my super power to be impervious health.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

The power of the Silver Tongue.
To be able to persuade anyone
of anything at anytime.

BeenThereSaidThat's avatar

I would want to be invisible. To be able to go anywhere and hear everything. Especially people in Power.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I would like the ability to play the guitar like some of the great ones. Hendrix, Clapton, SRV. That would be neat.

GloPro's avatar

Teleporting would be pretty cool. I don’t see my family enough, and traveling takes too much time. It would be neat to pop over to the west coast to read a bedtime story, and then pop back home.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Resistance to all STDs would also be nice.

Flying would be cool, but I would probably take Invisibility because I am such a perv.

majorrich's avatar

To be able to travel through space and time would be pretty neat.
Not so sure I would like to be Aquaman.

Transforming into Son Goku.

Fly,

Being able to be invisible or to stop time while one wanders around is creepy.

DipanshiK's avatar

Invisibility. I always wanted to be invisible, don’t know why precisely.

rojo's avatar

The ability to be happy and content in any situation.

DA-DAAAAAAAAAAAA! HAPPYMAN!

Blondesjon's avatar

The ability to point my finger at someone and cause them to immediately shit their pants.

rojo's avatar

Oooohh! @Blondesjon the dreaded Brown Note

Symbeline's avatar

I would like the ability to be able to digest absolutely anything, and have my system convert what I consume into nutrients. This way, I could eat garbage and rocks and stuff, and save money by never having to pay for food.

Pachy's avatar

The power to melt guns with a thought or glance.

talljasperman's avatar

Edit: Healing myself and others. Including the ability to fix stupid in teenagers.

rojo's avatar

Ooh, “The power to fix stupid” That would be awesome @talljasperman

talljasperman's avatar

@rojo I could have used that ability on myself as a kid.

rojo's avatar

Hey, we all could have used it at some point!

ibstubro's avatar

I’ll second healing myself and others.
but not studip. Its the sourse of to muck fune

talljasperman's avatar

@ibstubro I was a wild child…my scars finally healed over.

Paradox25's avatar

Fuck telepathy, that would truly drive me, and likely anybody else too, insane beyond belief. I could find some uses for flying though, like a free spirit. Flying through the air, feeling its effect on you while moving without the need or confines of machinery, that’s a wonderful thought for me.

ibstubro's avatar

Telekinesis trumps telepathy, unless it’s selective. Imagine the fun and profit of moving things with your mind. Uri Geller wouldn’t have been a sideshow, he’d have been richer than King Midas.

Paradox25's avatar

I’ve heard of the Uri Geller/James Randi controversy, but I’d never watched Geller myself. There is the PEAR project, but the data is quite technical. I was far more impressed with a few physical mediums such as Alec Harris, but many others were frauds.

they are all frauds

talljasperman's avatar

I would like to have a guardian key tool from Reboot. Or the Infinity Gauntlet from the Marvels universe.

majorrich's avatar

The ability to predict and understand human female behavior and thought. Probably not possible.

Paradox25's avatar

Even Alec Harris? I wonder how he did his tricks since these effects would be great for my next house party to demonstrate to my guests.

ibstubro's avatar

@Paradox25 Uri Geller was very compelling in his youth. You wanted to believe in him. James Rand has pursued him so relentlessly, however, that Geller now bills himself just a step above ‘entertainer’. Rand was almost a step ahead of Geller, nearly creating new ‘twists’ before Geller himself.

I believe if I had set myself to it early in life, I could have been a great Psychic. I was very intuitive, had incredible empathy and an instinct for body language. There have been untold times in my life that I have “known” something about someone that astounded them. It just seemed obvious to me, and I could pinpoint why. But dishonesty is against my nature, so great Psychic wasn’t in my cards.

rojo's avatar

Dude, I am still going with the power to fix stupid as the greatest power of them all!