Are you a food enthusiast?
One of my friends posted a survey this morning. This particular one asked How Big of a Foodie are you?
I figured that was one contest I could ace. However, they asked one question about food and wine pairings, and since I don’t drink, I couldn’t honestly say that I do the pairings, so I only got an 89%. Anyone who knows me, knows that I should have gotten a higher rating, so I came up with my own questions, just for fun.
I prefer the term Food Enthusiast, because then you can be interested in cooking and dining a little bit or a lot, and you don’t have to be snooty, nor do you have to have attended culinary school.
I think the term foodie sounds a bit pretentious anyway.
Feel free to add some of your own questions to this list, questions that would suggest that one is a true food enthusiast.
1. Do you become anxious when your Facebook friends make a posting about a restaurant they’re currently sitting in, or have dined in recently and they don’t post a picture of the meal they ordered?
2. Do you often post recipes on Facebook?
3. Do you organize and categorize your recipes on Pinterest, rather than just having one big board that says “Good Stuff”?
4. Do you own a julienne slicer?
5. Do you watch re-runs of Chopped, and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives?
6. Are you familiar with the term “mise en place”?
7. Do you have a separate bucket list, one that is just filled with restaurants you want to visit?
8. Do you spend hours and hours in Trader Joe’s?
9. Do you have a subscription to at least one food related magazine?
10. Would you rather find the perfect burrito, or the perfect pair of shoes?
11. Do you listen to Food Talk with Melinda Lee, on the radio?
12. Do you make up your own recipes to enter into cooking contests?
13. Do you have smoked paprika in your pantry?
14. Do you think that Brussels sprouts are a gourmet food?
15. Would you like to take a cheese tasting tour type of vacation?
16. Do you like sumac, or even know what sumac is?