JAS08on's avatar

Trying to apply for Medicaid/FAMIS?

Asked by JAS08on (18 points ) 3 months ago

Hello, my name is Jason, and I have a question about trying to get Medicaid/FAMIS. This is not for me, it is for my niece. My niece is 19 years old and she has a problem getting Medicaid/FAMIS. She is eligible for Medicaid/FAMIS, but the only thing that is stopping her for getting it is that it looks like she has Tricare Health Insurance. On April 24, 2011, my nieces mom got out of a Mental Hospital, after being there for 3 years. Her mom also served Prison time since 2005 until 2011. Her mom was in a

Mental Hospital/ Prison for 6 years. When her mom got out in April 2011, she went and put Tricare on my niece, her daughter. My nieces mom was married to a Navy Guy, in June 1995 and they Divorced in June 1997. And my niece called Tricare, and she ask them is she still on their policy.

And Tricare said NO, she was dropped from Tricare in June 1997. BUT, for some strange reason, when my niece applied for Medicaid/FAMIS in May 2014, her Social Worker came to her and showed my niece a Letter Signed by her mom, that her mom had put Tricare Insurance on her in April 2011.

And that is false, because her mom was no longer a Military Wife in April 2011, also her mom was Diagnose with a Mental Illness while she was in a Mental Hospital, from 2008 until 2011. So my question is how does my niece fix this, because, she is no longer covered by Tricare, since June 1997 Tricare Ended. BUT, according to her moms Papers that my nieces Social Worker showed her, her mom has Tricare on my niece, as of April 2011. Does my niece go someone higher in Authority than her Social Worker? What can my niece do?

jca's avatar

I’m having deja vu. Haven’t we seen this question recently?

Here, a week ago.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)