M1952's avatar

Court on an injunction for sexual abuse on a minor (3yo)

Asked by M1952 (301 points ) 3 weeks ago from iPhone

I’m just curious if anyone knows the laws as far as sexual abuse on a minor (she is 3 years old) I went to court over this and her abuser (her biological father) is now having myself and the woman who investigated my cps case deposed before we go back to court for the final decision of this injunction, CPS closed the case with finding of sexual molestation due to the things that my daughter told her, but there was no physical evidence, with that being said, would a judge continue an injunction to keep the abuser away from her? I would also like to press charges because an arrest was never made.

lillycoyote's avatar

Are you the child’s mother? Do you have custody? If you are you should be consulting an attorney for something like this, something as important as the welfare of this child.

M1952's avatar

I do have an attorney, just haven’t talked to him much about what to expect from the deposition or the final hearing. I just wanted to see if anyone could help me with some information until I talk to him, thanks

At the deposition, the lawyers will ask you questions about the case. Your lawyer should be with you and will talk to you beforehand about what to expect.