My surge protector says "protected" and "faulty wiring" at the same time?
I wanted to move my computer, but when i plugged in the surge protector, it gave me both the green “protected” light, and the red “faulty connection” light at the same time. I shut down the power to the socket, opened it up, and the ground seemed to be connected to the outlet housing correctly.
Bottom line, is it safe to hook up my computer to this outlet, or should I figure out what’s wrong with the conneciton?
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.