General Question

isorabins's avatar

Will freddie and fannie maes stock eventually become worthless?

Asked by isorabins (50 points ) September 10th, 2008 from iPhone

does it have the chance to rebound , or will it drop to zero?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

cheebdragon's avatar

eventually?......I thought it was already worthless.

jasongarrett's avatar

If I had some, I’d sell it today.

Snoopy's avatar

I heard an interview yesterday where it was made clear that stockholders would be the last paid/first to lose (as compared to taxpayers).

I short, this stock isn’t so hot to have in your portfolio.

gailcalled's avatar

Probably good only for rewallpapering your bathroom. My condolences.

allengreen's avatar

This has been covered in detail in another thread

Snoopy's avatar

@allengreen
Why don’t you share the link here?

MarkAddison's avatar

I don’t think so. I think the government bailout dramatically reduced the value of the stock but did not 100% erase it.

YARNLADY's avatar

@allengreen Link please No, government bailouts and other taxpayer support will prop them up until the market correction is over.(60% chance worthless, 20% chance spontaneous recovery 20% chance government bailout)

FAHAD's avatar

i do not deal in shires thanks GOD but i wish it will not be lost it’s value as i do not wish any body any where lose i wish the best for every body God help them…........

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther