cooksalot's avatar

Anyone ever try the continuous ink supply system on their printer?

Asked by cooksalot (1416 points ) September 12th, 2008

I’ve been throwing around the idea of trying this out on my printer since I use so much black ink printing out worksheets for homeschooling. Anybody try it out? If so how did it work? How was the quality of ink?

cooksalot's avatar

Well I figured maybe no one saw the other question. Or that a different set of people would see it if I posted again.

boxing's avatar

I have seen your previous question but I personally don’t have experience with it. I guess that if you are using a lot of ink, AND, if your printer itself will last a long time (no way to predict), AND if you can deal with the initial setup job and the somewhat messy look, you can give it a try. Manufacturers change formula and models so fast, even the OEM suppliers have a hard time to catch up, not to mention CIS companies.

Personally, I won’t.

There is one link I found that might be helpful to you: http://www.brandonstaggs.com/epson-r200-continous-ink-system-review/

cooksalot's avatar

Thanks I’ll read this.

andrew's avatar

@cooksalot: Have you considered getting a cheapy black and white laser printer? Much faster and much less expensive materials than ink jets.

cooksalot's avatar

Yeah we have but I also print a lot of photos too. So in the long run we figured one printer was just better. I mean for awhile I had 3 printers in a row here. What a mess that was!

cisinksystem's avatar

If you want to try a continuous ink supply system and to get more details of it,you can check this printer consumables website:
http://www.outac.com/continuous-ink-system.html

cooksalot's avatar

Thanks for the price compared to the cost of just the black cartridge we took the dive.

jvgr's avatar

I’d buy a b/w laser printer if you have a high volume issue. They’re cheap as is the powder. Use your inkjet for colour only.

cooksalot's avatar

Staples is doing a recycle your old printer, and get $30 in rewards. We’re going to take the old HP that STILL won’t work with new cartridges, and get a laser printer. Only thing is I just need a b/w, my HUSBAND is convinced he needs a color. Can you see me throttling him?