Is there a 'work ethic' anymore? Do you have one? Are American work ethics stronger than elsewhere?
I was brought up in a family that worked…my dad often had 2 jobs and my mom worked part time. I work as a manager now and…i kid you not…these are just some of the excuses ppl give me not to work:
1. My cousin just was arressted for murder and I have to see what’s going on.
2. It’s lighting and thundering out and I have to wait for the bus: isn’t work cancelled?
3. I went to bail my son out of jail and they arrested me.
4. I have no gas and no money to get any.
5. It’s raining and I have no umbrella, I don’t want my new client to see me wet.
6. They’ll cut down my food stamps if I work too much.
What the hell is wrong with people? (She silently screams!)
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.