General Question

swingliner's avatar

What's in called when a large group of people in public commit a stunt or a prank?

Asked by swingliner (245 points ) February 24th, 2009

You know, a large-scale, choreographed prank like 50 people breaking out in to song, or taking off their pants, or something. I know there is a name for this phenomenon. What are these mass-pranks called? It’s at the tip of my tongue.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

dynamicduo's avatar

Flashmob? That’s one form of this event, where the details are planned in advance and the event is performed in public in some fashion.

swingliner's avatar

yes!!! thank you.

steelmarket's avatar

If you get arrested, then it is civil disobedience.

TheFonz_is's avatar

in france its called a strike :)

susanc's avatar

If it’s a little bit serious, it’s called an “art action” or “performance art”.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther