Latest netbook opinions?
We’re looking at one for my gf. She’s a typical light user (e-mail, pictures, web). Here are some criteria:
1. Likes 90–9X% of full keyboard size (i.e. no Inspiron Minis).
2. Doesn’t want to spend more than $500.
3. Would prefer to be able to install Verizon software and sync with LG Dare via bluetooth (and USB).
4. Doesn’t need a large internal drive, since we have an external USB drive available.
5. Must have Windows XP.
6. Unsure about Wi-Fi vs 3G, but probably Wi-Fi since it’s more or less free. (If she really wanted to, she could tether via bluetooth.)
It seems like the market is in a bit of flux right now with prices dropping and packages consolidating to the Atom processor and 1GB configs. I’ve looked at cnet, but I think Fluther opinions would help more. Thanks!
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.