I need dog help! Should we take my dog to an emergency vet?
Usually the answer to this question is “Yes” but I’m not sure what to do.
My son likes to eat corn dogs, we haven’t bought them in a week though, so it’s been at least a week since he’s had one. We also have a miniature pinscher who will eat anything.
He once got part of a corn dog stick, but pooped it out. It was a small piece of the wood, so we weren’t concerned.
Well, apparently he must have gotten more than half a stick from at least a week ago. He ate some bread (which I didn’t know was bad for them) but I’m glad he ate it, because it made it throw up, and he also threw up about a three inch corn dog stick.
He is pooping normally, but just acting under the weather. He’s usually very hyper but has been almost lethargic all day. He has also been eating grass each time he goes outside, for the past couple days, and I assumed he was trying to make himself throw up.
Since he got the stick out, is he okay? I was assuming the stick inside was the problem, but now I’m really worried. He’s had intestinal issues in the past, and has been diagnosed with colitis…rarely has flare ups though.
Should we just call the vet? The vet we go to will probably say bring him in if we want but since it’s an emergency visit, it will be expensive (worth it if something is wrong though)
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.